Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to take the RZR out since doing my intake modification. There was absolutly no increase in noise level. It is hard to tell without a dyno, but it appears to be a little more responsive due to increased air flow. The big difference, absolutly no dirt or debris in the air box.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd96/redrzr/Grill012.jpg

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a little better pic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you have problems with the air filter cover lid? It seems to get water around the cover after cleaning or riding in rain. I think the drain hole in the bed should be capped to prevent the water from hitting on the cover.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember, they did away with that hole on the 2nd generation RZR. I do not get any water in my filter. I apply some grease around the lid o-ring before assembling it, which keeps any dust and water out.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Mine is a first generation with the dealer/polaris update done and I do get some leaves and junk in the filter canister but nothing gets past the filter element so far.

My main concern with all these possible air box fixes is if the warranty will still be honored when or if something happens. There are lots of stories about "Voided Warranties" and I don't know for real if any are true.

My dealer told me to keep an eye on the filter and the throttle body past it but to leave it all PURE POLARIS as long as I have a Warranty.

I would certainly check with your dealer to see how he might cover changes you think might be better.

I do grease the O ring on the canister cover and have never seen a drop of water yet but I don't do much swimming with it either.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts