Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fixed glass windshield with a wiper mount. Is there any other options whether manual or automatic that will work with this mount point?

500$ seems a little over the top for something I would rarely use.

I have a 2016 900XP EPS Full Size.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm planning to do the same thing. Looks like there's only two real options - one made by EMP (Extreme Metal Products) that runs about $50-$70.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016C4CPCI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TL0U0TLKB310

and one by "SeaDog" that's a little less, about $30.
https://www.amazon.com/Sea-412601-1-Manual-Windshield-Wiper/dp/B002IV4KFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1488217176&sr=1-1&keywords=manual+windshield+wiper

SeaDog gets pretty poor reviews, mostly for an underperforming handle-blade arm clamp and for poor blade spring tension. EMP gets better reviews; seems to have a more robust handle-arm connection. I believe they have a couple of different models. Model 12841 seems to be the most solid design. I will plan to use the EMP 12841 and change to a longer wiper blade and upgrade the arm spring if necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up the new Ranger and installed the accessories. The last one was the manual wiper by EMP. It is the $45 model, I didn't know there was another. I removed the rubber plug in the windshield, drilled the 1/2 inch hole, and trimmed the tab that inserted into the larger hole in the windshield.

Next I installed the wiper tube in the windshield, I used a rubber grommet so the tube had a tight fit.

Then put the rubber piece back in and installed wiper.

My first time out we ran into some heavy rain. The combination of Rain-x and the manual wiper worked great. It would help to have a longer wiper arm as the wiper does ride some on the black plastic on the windshield. I am pleased with the product and would rather spend $45 on it than $500 + labor for the Polaris version. Hope this helps some fellow Ranger owners.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine (EV) mounts in the lower driver's side. The EMP is definitely too short. Not even a longer blade will really help. So I plan to visit the junkyard and procure a longer wiper arm. One can be changed out by drilling out the long rivet on the wiper "knuckle". From what I can tell, the width of the knuckle where the arm mounts is fairly universal. I figure one about 14" from knuckle to blade attachment point will be just right, along with about a 12"-14" wiper blade. I think that mid-60s GM autos used an arm that's about right.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up the new Ranger and installed the accessories. The last one was the manual wiper by EMP. It is the $45 model, I didn't know there was another. I removed the rubber plug in the windshield, drilled the 1/2 inch hole, and trimmed the tab that inserted into the larger hole in the windshield.

Next I installed the wiper tube in the windshield, I used a rubber grommet so the tube had a tight fit.

Then put the rubber piece back in and installed wiper.

My first time out we ran into some heavy rain. The combination of Rain-x and the manual wiper worked great. It would help to have a longer wiper arm as the wiper does ride some on the black plastic on the windshield. I am pleased with the product and would rather spend $45 on it than $500 + labor for the Polaris version. Hope this helps some fellow Ranger owners.

Right on!! Great write-up. I was looking into this when I found his thread. Thank you for the info and pics. I think I've found the route I'll take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a fixed glass windshield with a wiper mount. Is there any other options whether manual or automatic that will work with this mount point?

500$ seems a little over the top for something I would rarely use.

I have a 2016 900XP EPS Full Size.
I got a wiper motor on a mount with 2 wiper blades for a new Polaris 900 from amazon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts