Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OBS Ranger 1000 Crew
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of info and I’ve searched for a while so as not to have to ask but.... I want to eventually get the gilomen tune and clutch kit but right now it’s just not in the budget. Would I get any benefit at all from just changing only the secondary spring to the mudder spring now since that will be the one I go with when I get the rest of the kit? I can’t find any info of someone just changing the secondary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed Gilomen around the same time I asked this question and was told that it is beneficial to upgrade the secondary so I ordered the mudder clutch and roller upgrade. I will be upgrading the primary and soon as I can afford it along with their tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please elaborate I am unfamiliar with the question.....also having clutch issues on my 2020 Polaris ranger....it wont return to idle..there's a recall out for it R-20-01

·
Registered
84 Posts
I emailed Gilomen around the same time I asked this question and was told that it is beneficial to upgrade the secondary so I ordered the mudder clutch and roller upgrade. I will be upgrading the primary and soon as I can afford it along with their tune.
Why? Do you run 31" tires? Terry only recommends the mudder secondary spring for 31 and larger tires. Alls that spring will do is slow the upshift and make the rpms run higher with smaller tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m running 33” bkt tires. My question was about upgrading the secondary clutch with out upgrading the primary and if I would get any benefit from that. I am going to upgrade the primary with the gilomen tune and clutch kit but don’t have the 500 to spend right now but just the spring and roller upgrade for the secondary was only 70 bucks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should definitely help with the larger tires your running.

Definitely get the adjustable weights when you do the upgrade. His red spring works well with larger tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the headed up. Does the red come with the kit or is that extra?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts