Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there with one of the new Ranger Crew's??? I am looking to purchase but havent heard much about their performance, we like to hit Glamis as well as being Cinder Junkies...have heard the wheel base may be an issue unless lifted...any comments? Would go out and rent one before the big spend, but no one out there has 'em yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome, Countrygirl!

I hope someone here has an answer for you.
If not, why don't you guys come check out this event
http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=794.0
you don't have to bring a utv. Only problem is, you'll definately want one after that! At this event most people are interested in doing the same things you want to do w/ it. So you'll get the info. you want/need.

I'm sure they're will be at least a couple there. People are really friendly and you can ask the owners questions. This is a favorite event of mine because I can go up to other utv owners and ask about their accessories and stuff.

I'm gettting ready to start modding mine. If I do I might hit the dunes next year. O0

Let us know if you get one. We'll set up a ride. My wife will be really excited, she thinks there's not enough girls ;D

Oh, also you might want to post in the general forums. Someone in another state might have one.

Augie

·
Registered
317 Posts
welcome to the site ! :)
I saw an ad on craigs list for someone asking to rent a Crew (maybe that was you ?) if not you may want to contact them and see if they found anyone.

ME / Myself / Personally = I think they made the crew too long especially the wheelbase.
I scrape sometimes going over a hill with the short wheel base, I imagine a crew could high center fairly easy.

How many people are you needing to haul around ? Many Rangers have been modded to carry up to 6
with the full bench in the front and rear.
Or if you sometimes need rear seats and sometimes need cargo, there are ways of hooking up a quick release rear seat. (in fact I am working on doing just that to mine right now, I have a storage box (footlocker) that is going to also be an option to switch out with the seat)
One of our friends has his set up for 6 passenger and has a folding cargo carrier on the rear, so at camp grounds or wherever he can still load up with wood or water jugs or whatever.
There is always some type of solution. O0

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just got 3 in stock. Already sold the silver LE, have 1 green and 1 red. Give me a call. They have been selling as quick as we get em.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wheel base is our biggest concern, we have heard with a lift it may not be an issue, they are so new not many people can give me personal experiences so I have been looking to rent just to try one out, we have 2 children, 2 big dogs and 4 horses so the extra space for the dogs to come along as well as not having to take out the seat for barn chores are the biggest selling points. I guess I may try to come out to the Friday night meet over here in surprise could be helpful maybe I could meet someone that has one...thanks so much for your replies..what an amazing forum!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That makes sense O0

There is one for sale on Craigs list that is already decked out pretty nice !

08 Polaris Crew…billet mirror and cup holders…custom steering wheel…street legal super swamper tires…wheel spacers..half windshield…still under factory warranty…
They gave out this info here: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/rvs/617507463.html

Looks like they left out details about the aftermarket wheels and lift kit but it definetly has them.
They show pictures of it in their other ad here: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/rvs/618253044.html

·
Registered
119 Posts
He/She is probably negotiable because they've been trying to sell it for a looong time.
If I didn't have so much $$ in mine, I'd probably buy it. Very nice machine 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll vouch for the new crew! We had a standard Ranger but sold it in lieu of the newer crew. I needed seating for a giant family and giant dog so I couldn't just add a seat in the bed. This has been the best of all worlds for us but I don't use it off road at all. It's a grocery getter and utility vehicle for us.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey doctor you should drive your Ranger up to the FNR sideXside event on Friday September 5th at Duners Pizza
Happy Valley and Lake Pleasent road. Starts around 7:00 A couple guys in your nieghborhood and I are driving ours up to the next one. We could all caravan up the if you like ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any one out there with one of the new Ranger Crew's??? I am looking to purchase but havent heard much about their performance, we like to hit Glamis as well as being Cinder Junkies...have heard the wheel base may be an issue unless lifted...any comments? Would go out and rent one before the big spend, but no one out there has 'em yet.
i have one and love it!! i recently installed camoplast tracks on it and it is now unstoppable! please phone me for additional information as i am selling mine and can save you thousands over a new machine. thanks Murray 403-801-1942

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Ranger Crew 800. I definitely recommend lifting it and running taller tires if you want to have serious fun and get the most out of it. Go ahead and spend a little extra for bigger steering arms and front axles if you lift it though, well worth it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Camo 800 Ranger crew with power steering, and I love it, It has all the power you would ever need, It sits high and looks very tough, I know the length of it may cause you to think about high centering, but acutally, its harder to high center it than you think, unless you try to climb a 90degree ditch of course, but i have had 8 people on mine with 800lbs of deer feed in the back pulling a small trailer down a muddy trail, and when you press the gas, it goes! trust me, I could not be more satisfied with it, top speed they say is about 55, but ive only squeezed about 46 out of it, it has amazing pulling power, the only downside i have to say about it is that after about 100 miles small parts on it starts to squeak and rattle but if you give it a good grease job its all good, I would strongly suggest gettin one. Have any other questions, just ask me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts