Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Any new updates on Vmax AGM batteries?

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  sawtooth1 
#1 ·
I’m getting about ready to buy a new set of batteries for my 2014 EV’s. Really considering hard the new Vmax AGM‘s but wondering if anybody has any new feedback or reviews before I pull the trigger. The concept seems great low maintenance same amp hour rating as oem batteries and lighter weight. Would love to hear from someone already running them though just to confirm. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
I'm following this thread too, waiting to get some feedback on performance before pulling the trigger on these.

#4 ·
The concept looks great provided they perform and offer low maint like I think they will. One of my main concerns is the charging algorithm and if I need a temperature sensor added or not. The problem is no one seems to know. Even if you call the charger manufacturer or battery supplier you get different directions from different people at the same company. Anytime this happens I get concerned.

#5 ·
I agree. Hopefully some of the AGM battery users will respond with their performance and the algorithm they are using. I was told no to a temperature sensor by both the battery and charger reps a few months back.

#9 · (Edited)
Love these VMax AGM batteries

Sorry for delayed response but didn't see this. We replaced the original 5 yo SLA batteries in our 2014 EV for the above referenced ones 6 months ago but did have trouble changing the DeltaQ charger algorithms. Sent the charger to Boilermkr and he reprogrammed the charger and the system works perfectly. The EV now has much improved power. Since we don't use it for long distance work can't give feedback on range, but can say we go up and down hills and it performs well. The battery indicator rarely drops below 98%. And with no maintenance required, we're very glad we made the change.
P.S. We didn't install a temperature sensor for the new batteries and have had no problems.

#11 ·
Sorry for delayed response but didn't see this. We replaced the original 5 yo SLA batteries in our 2014 EV for the above referenced ones 6 months ago but did have trouble changing the DeltaQ charger algorithms. Sent the charger to Boilermkr and he reprogrammed the charger and the system works perfectly. The EV now has much improved power. Since we don't use it for long distance work can't give feedback on range, but can say we go up and down hills and it performs well. The battery indicator rarely drops below 98%. And with no maintenance required, we're very glad we made the change.
P.S. We didn't install a temperature sensor for the new batteries and have had no problems.[/QUOTE

Charlize do you remember the algorithm setting the battery manuf gave u set the charger. I’ve been searching our communication but no luck. I Rembrandt it was a 3 digit number cause I was surprised it was actually in the charger codes.

#15 ·
Doing a little reading this am I’m a little worried about the “being more sensitive to overcharging” than flooded batteries. Do we know for sure that the Polaris charger can be precisely set up for these batteries? The reason I ask is I called the charger manufacture twice last year and got two totally different answers on which algorithm to use. That always worries me when that happens. It’s almost like they are guessing with the answer. That’s why I decided to hold off till further info was available.

Now I’m struggling with buying a watering system and staying with flooded batteries or going the AGM route. Decisions decisions......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.