Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hope they corrected the ridiculous design flaws with the current Ranger EV's. And I hope they use better quality materials, the metals used on current models are cheap and rust at an unacceptable rate. Also maybe they could include such luxuries as a roof and mirrors etc without trying to gouge the customer for a LOT of extra money.

(I hate my current Ranger EV. Constant problems)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Some are more trouble prone than others. We have several and one is constantly causing problems. The others have been pretty good though. Polaris vehicles are not like a Honda though. But they do have some innovations that Honda does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Im sure you guys have seen the email, tomorrow we get to see the EV release. it'll be interesting to see the pricing and the specs

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was super excited to see this.......but not anymore. $40k out the door for a regular cab with a heater, cab, and an 80 mile range??!!! I'm disappointed.
Yeah I used the build and price to get it the way I would want and came up with $40K also when all accessories are added. Way too much!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Try to spec one with no motor or controller. I think we can get it down to about 20k which is what it should be. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well i was excited, but the local pricing is 37K AUD for the basic and 47K AUD for the Ultimate, both of these prices are without any accessories.

Still i'm looking forwards to the reviews, but i can't justify this pricing, i can get a brand new Suzuki Jimny 4x4 for a lot less that the basic model.

I should have never sold my old Jimny

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put money down on one many months ago. I have a small farm and was not happy that we had to get the command ride, GPS stuff to get the bigger battery. So, I only ride about the farm from zero miles to maybe 5 miles per day. So, I am thinking of the smaller battery, but worried about resale, etc. I do not need GPS, I no longer hunt. What are you all thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am / was - I have a current model EV and want a few features from the XP.

would prefer that can spec how I want it - do want the larger battery, demist And window wiper with foldout screen - don’t want command ride at all

I drive mostly at night

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I am / was - I have a current model EV and want a few features from the XP.

would prefer that can spec how I want it - do want the larger battery, demist And window wiper with foldout screen - don’t want command ride at all

I drive mostly at night
What are you chasing at night, possums and rabbits?

With the pricing as it is here in AU, you are better off upgrading your current EV to lithium cells, and building your own battery pack in NZ

Im guessing they are looking at 40K plus back in NZ for the basic model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are you chasing at night, possums and rabbits?

With the pricing as it is here in AU, you are better off upgrading your current EV to lithium cells, and building your own battery pack in NZ

Im guessing they are looking at 40K plus back in NZ for the basic model.
pigs and deer mostly -move around with night vision goggles so quite stealthy :)

45 to 59 … and that’s still without a full cab
They need to change that so we can order what we want

full things I want from a full size but will have to think about this

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
pigs and deer mostly -move around with night vision goggles so quite stealthy :)

45 to 59 … and that’s still without a full cab
They need to change that so we can order what we want

full things I want from a full size but will have to think about this
Night vision/ thermal vision is something i've never tried, watched a fair bit of you tube and i have to say its impressive

Wow, that's some serious money, but i can't say i'm not surprised, I found living in NZ expensive compared to AU, but i do miss home and also my firearms that i couldn't bring back to AU

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the premium today, smaller battery but I only use it around the farm. Cheaper by $5k and cheaper when time comes to replace batteries. Paying $3K over MSRP, delivery in MAY!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Like reading the menu at a restaurant and want to make up your own special order. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well I have to say I’m glad that I proceeded with the Voltronix upgrade this year. After experiencing the capability of the Voltronix kit just no way in blue blazes I could justify that much money for this new one. The improved EV’s performance literally has no downsides at least from what I can tell so far. To date both machines run flawlessly with unbelievable range and power to boot. Thats my thoughts anyways and I have way less money in each of them. With that said the new one has way more power (not more range though) and is definitely nicer. Guess it just comes down to how bad you want the biggest and baddest.

Polaris EV $9500
- plus wheel tire upgrades $800
-plus front rack $200
-plus roof $400
-Voltronix $7500 installed

Rough Total = $18,400

Actually it’s slightly less than that if you consider I consumed 5 years use out of oem wetcells then upgraded to Lithium. If you minus out the $1500-2k for replacement wetcells now your only looking at about 5500-6k for the Lithium upgrade. I do like the looks of the new machine though it’s very sharp rig. Hope it turns out to be a good one.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts