Polaris Ranger Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If you are ever interested. I ordered a set of 2017-18 front and rear springs that were for the EV that Tanger had few years ago. They were for the lithium and softer for the loss in weight. Never put them on. Been trying to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks, so far I’m happy with the slightly stiffer suspension but may get back to you. How much you need for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Night vision/ thermal vision is something i've never tried, watched a fair bit of you tube and i have to say its impressive

Wow, that's some serious money, but i can't say i'm not surprised, I found living in NZ expensive compared to AU, but i do miss home and also my firearms that i couldn't bring back to AU
makes the whole unit quite deadly at night; will take some photos and a short video

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one on order, heart ached over which battery pack to get. Went with the 40 mile, only doing farm work. Figured if batteries need replacing it would be cheaper. I put money down on it over a year ago.... Hoping for spring delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one on order, heart ached over which battery pack to get. Went with the 40 mile, only doing farm work. Figured if batteries need replacing it would be cheaper. I put money down on it over a year ago.... Hoping for spring delivery.
Same. Although I tried for the bigger battery version, but they sold out while I was on the phone with my dealer. Like 1 hour after the launch. Sheesh. Also ordered all the gizmos for it. Such as front and rear glass, roof, winch, heater, and wheels and 30" tires from Wheel Pros. Also hoping for spring. If it turns into summer that is going to be a bummer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has best roof, tip out windshield with wiper, rear view mirror. Rear glass. Heater, dome light. Hydraulic bed, winch, lower front hitch mount "I have a trash can hauler on the front". I have the tip out windshield on my current ranger and in the summer it is fantastic. Yup, definitely excited.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see they stopped making the lock and ride glass windshield with the cam locks. The non-tip out glass is now a semi-permanent mount. I have a tip out now too and it is OK. Not a fan of it rattling when it is up. Also blocks light bar on top when it is up. I'd rather just take it on and off easy and I don't want poly. But I ordered one anyways because of a lack of a different option. Current machine is a '16 900 XP. I just want some peace and quiet, no clutch, much less maintenance, and more powah. Given how much used Rangers are selling for right now, I might sell early and drive around in a golf cart :LOL:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Same. Although I tried for the bigger battery version, but they sold out while I was on the phone with my dealer. Like 1 hour after the launch. Sheesh. Also ordered all the gizmos for it. Such as front and rear glass, roof, winch, heater, and wheels and 30" tires from Wheel Pros. Also hoping for spring. If it turns into summer that is going to be a bummer!
A couple of years ago Warn was offering a 48 volt winch for the ev's , is your winch a 48 volt ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking forward to it!
Can't wait to see what is compatible and what new stuff y'all come up with for this thing. This is the beginning of a revolution. Gas stuff will be ridiculous in 10 years. Relegated to the entry level models for those who refuse to change. That may seem offensive to some, but feel free to mark my words.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think so. Given the accessories listed on the configurator, including a winch, my assumption is a 12v secondary system.
Remember, there is also a 12V accessory on the bed, for sprayers, etc. So, winch is probably 12V.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Every tip out on a ranger I’ve seen that’s couple years old the metal stop that holds hydraulic support rods have come unglued at the windshield sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every tip out on a ranger I’ve seen that’s couple years old the metal stop that holds hydraulic support rods have come unglued at the windshield sides
So far, so good with the tip out on my '16. Installed the winter between '16 and '17. I bought my '16 in November of '15 and brought it home with a glass lock and ride, but replaced it with tip out when the other one had the frame, which the lock and ride cams are attached to unglue from the glass. So it definitely happens. Just not on either tip out I have owned (had a '13 prior to this).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Remember, there is also a 12V accessory on the bed, for sprayers, etc. So, winch is probably 12V.
Forgot about that! I installed one of these myself on my current machine. That is a nice addition. I use the plug I have now for a chainsaw sharpener and LED whips. A funny set of things now that I think about it.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts