Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I was going to go to the mountains for Christmas however it wasn't going to snow. So we are replanning our trip. Maybe someone can take pictures of some snow for us.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
We have plenty of snow up here in the NY mountains but then it rained on top of it. Now it's got a heavy crust but not heavy enough to keep the SxS on top so it makes for very tuff going.

Before the crust it was a blast and the RZR did fine in 10" of fluffy powder.

Lots of guys are having problems with the throttle cable sticking wide open from freezing so be sure you have the rubber boots on both ends of the cable and keep the cable well lubed. You may want to avoid deep water if your running in freezing weather just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very good idea. I will be making a Tech Tip Section, and little things like that would be good for everyone to know. My wife and I will be going to NY in May, but downtown area for our 5yr anniversary . How is the weather around that time?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Let it snow let it snow let it snow....

Tires baby it's all about the tires, I'm dumping these Goodyear MTR's

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
caglezxj said:
That is very good idea. I will be making a Tech Tip Section, and little things like that would be good for everyone to know. My wife and I will be going to NY in May, but downtown area for our 5yr anniversary . How is the weather around that time?
Great to hear you will add a Tech and Mod section! I am a DIYer all the way.

I'm about 80 miles NW of NYC and right where NY, NJ and PA all intersect, the beginning of the Catskill mountain range.

May in NY is probably one of the nicest times to visit here! Weather, however, can be very unpredictable at best. You could have 70 and sunny or 40 and down right miserable.

NY is totally unfriendly to ATVs and wheeled off road vehicles! I certainly would advise against even bringing it to this state unless you have a hook up with someone who has land access.
I can't even invite a buddy to ride on our hunting club land because of insurance regulations of the club and had to pay extra just to allow my wife to ride in the RZR with me.
If you get caught riding on state land, they impound your ride, slap you with a $500 fine and charge some rediculous towing and storage fee to bail your machine out. If you don't have the machine registered and insured they slap you with major fines on top that goes on your drivers liscense, Operating an uninsured and un registered motor vehicle.

OUCH!!!!!!!

Like I said, if I didn't have the club access then I wouldn't even own an ATV.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pictures.

We will be flying and we are going to just look around and go to some shows. I have never been, however she did when she was in school.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No snow here in S. Florida, so don't come here looking for it ;D Just figured I would save you the gas money!

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Louisiana, if you have snow; you are probably going to jail for CDS. ;D

Colby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts