Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 22 Xp 1000 Crew Ultimate & wanted to get a 32" light bar for my front grill. Has anyone installed one on their Ranger? I'm wondering how you like it plus is it hard to install. Dealer sid they recommended this light bar but labor was $119/hr to install. Considering the light bar is $820, I'd rather install myself if it's not very difficult.

They're letting me keep my 10" light bar on my 19 I'm using for trade-in if I want to put it on the Ultimate. Quite the price difference between 10" & 32". Trying to save some money. My 10" light bar didn't seem too bright which is why I'm thinking of upgrading.

·
Registered
2021 Camo 1000 XP
98 Posts
I had a curved dual row rough country 50" on my 15 900xp and ended up going to a 20" straight dual row from black oak led on my 21 xp. Even after having the 50" the 20" is amazingly bright still rated at 22,000 lumens. Pretty pricey ($500's) like rigid as the black oak and rigid are neck and neck in quality. Edge goes to black oak with water ingress ratings but it's a wash. The main reason I only went 20" this time was due to the battery draw and the charging system. Things might be different on the 21's but with everything turned on my 900xp would only read 12.0-12.2 volts at the battery. Anything less than 12.6 is drawing more than the charging system can provide and WILL eventually drain the battery dead even while driving. I have zero issues with the smaller bar and the charging system.

Install on mine was a breeze and straight forward. One thing to consider is a 32" bar will not mount in the grill and will need to mount on top of the bumper. At 32" you will be on the round bars and need a round bar adapter or drill completely through top and bottom of the bars. At 20" you can use the flat spots which you can direct mount to. I think 18" is the largest that will fit in the grill itself.

There is also the option to add a 2nd isolated battery but I decided not to go that route.

Pic is a 20" mounted on top of the bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Rigid 32” on the roof of My ‘21 XP 1000. Dealer fitted it. Excellent lightbar, very bright.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts