Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just sold my XP 700 and I'm now looking for a 2021 Ranger XP 1000 Crew - Texas Edition.

The three closest dealers, to the ranch, have title / document fees of around $160. The closest dealer (12 miles) wants to add an $895 assembly / freight fee also. That puts them nearly $900 higher than all the other close dealers?

I'd prefer to deal locally but .. $900 is $900.

I told the sales guy about this and his response was "show my manager another dealer's quote .. we'll match it". I'm not about to share another dealer's quote so .. I'm calling the manager Monday to advise him of the difference and that he can take my word for it, because I'm not showing him his competition's quote.

Anyone else, currently buying seeing this assembly / freight fee?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Tanger 1000 XP
78 Posts
I just got a quote for a 4 seat General and their. Assembly/freight fee was 1395 and stood fast on msrp. No way to many other dealers in or near my house in Ohio

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought my Ranger in 2015, I googled Polaris dealers in all surrounding states and I emailed each one individually asking for a competitive out-the-door quote on the model I wanted. Copy and paste saved time. Some were msrp but there were also varied amounts of discounts. A couple local dealers were willing to match other quotes until I found a volume dealer about four hours away that saved me $3000, which they couldn't compete with.

I personally have no problem showing a competitor's quote to a dealer. If I had a moral issue with that, though I can't imagine why, I would simply be prepared to purchase elsewhere or spend the additional money. I do agree with shopping local when feasible, but my determination to be a smart consumer and maximize my family's quality of life draws the line at hidden or unnecessary fees.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I understand they need to make money, but some are willing to make zero via no sale instead of their discounting their usual hefty fees. One dealer near my riding area wants a 500 document fee. Lmao. My best so far on a 2021 is about 2% below msrp and zero freight, zero setup, zero docs. Im in a no sales tax state. Still seems a bit much. I'd be happy at 4% off. Am I unrealistic?

·
Registered
21 xp1000 crew.
16 Posts
I drove across the country picked mine up and saved about 5k. This seems to be pretty standard I think. Just have to shop around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I brought my 2020 a few months ago I shopped the out the door price. Many dealerships were quoting a price and then when I wanted to see it in writing it would have additional fees that I didn't expect.

The dealer I bought it from did have additional fees, but they lowered the price of the machine to reach the out the door price they quoted. I was happy with that.

Also in Michigan you don't pay tax on those additional fees.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My local dealer dropped the nearly $900 freight / assembly charge to meet two other offers from dealers farther away. Picked it up Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
189 Posts
Buy local you guys. Support your local business. If you don’t they won’t be there when you need them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts