Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin about fabbin up some kind of light bar to mount on the fron bumper of my ranger. anybody done this/got pics of this? my only concern is draining the battery...how can i fix this? i read an article that discussed this before i posted and ppl seemed to think that just a bigger battery would help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
A bigger battery would help, but I think if you go with the HID light conversion you will not have a problem. As for the front light bar what are you looking for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do HIDs not require as much power? and dont they cost a ton more? i was thinkin of somthin similar to the baja style HD bumpers for trucks ill get some pics this afternoon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the bumper i have:



i want to weld a bar on top of the horizontal bar to make it look along the lines of these:






shouldn't be too hard right? i just needa figure out what lights i want to use and make a design to fit them. then i gotta figure out how to wire them in, i think id like to wire them into the high beams so high and auxillary come on together. what do yall think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I got some equipment lights at Tractor Supply and welded tabs to mount them under the roll cage. I have the back on, I need to do the front and wire them all up. As far as the battery goes, I'm just going to put in a small car battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Last weekend , I turned on my Go-Light, remote controlled spotlight, and my battery light came on...had the headlights on bright, the top off road lights (on top of the cab) and the heater going................kinda spooked me, but then on Sat night, tried it again and all was well, guess the battery was down some from sitting for about 3 weeks!!!!!!

am going to add a bigger battery or a 2nd one before I finish!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st said:
Last weekend , I turned on my Go-Light, remote controlled spotlight, and my battery light came on...had the headlights on bright, the top off road lights (on top of the cab) and the heater going................kinda spooked me, but then on Sat night, tried it again and all was well, guess the battery was down some from sitting for about 3 weeks!!!!!!

am going to add a bigger battery or a 2nd one before I finish!!!
thats a lot of lights! nice ranger btw, looks great from your avatar. do you have any pics of your light set up?


where is there space for a second battery? and do i really need one? i dont do all that much night driving, i actually dont drive the ranger than much, i dont get to the country often. i just dont wanna be driving a mile from the house in the middle of the night and have it die.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GPER said:
I got some equipment lights at Tractor Supply and welded tabs to mount them under the roll cage. I have the back on, I need to do the front and wire them all up. As far as the battery goes, I'm just going to put in a small car battery.
do you have any pictures of your setup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
jackh said:
GPER said:
I got some equipment lights at Tractor Supply and welded tabs to mount them under the roll cage. I have the back on, I need to do the front and wire them all up. As far as the battery goes, I'm just going to put in a small car battery.
do you have any pictures of your setup?
Not yet but I'll get some this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
jackh said:
1st said:
Last weekend , I turned on my Go-Light, remote controlled spotlight, and my battery light came on...had the headlights on bright, the top off road lights (on top of the cab) and the heater going................kinda spooked me, but then on Sat night, tried it again and all was well, guess the battery was down some from sitting for about 3 weeks!!!!!!

am going to add a bigger battery or a 2nd one before I finish!!!
thats a lot of lights! nice ranger btw, looks great from your avatar. do you have any pics of your light set up?

will try to get some posted this weeked......I think there are some posted already, in the Mods thread....new add for the TazMobile................as far as a 2nd battery..gonna have to find a spot........I might add it to the bed...that's down the road right now, if ya know what I mean..........as far as night driving...in hunting season, I usually drive 10-15 miles a day to and from the stand, mostly in the dark............this time of year, and soring and summer, we ride the woods on the lease and out to the sandbar on the river to fish/play, and it is cooler at hnight.......besides...I like to see where I am going!!!!!!!

as far as the Remote controlled spotlight...it's on a magnetic mount......sometimes my rig is used at work patrolling power lines in remote areas, that's where it comes in handy! the company has a 'gator' for that, but it is 35 miles away, and sometimes it is tied up, so I use mine, in my area to help me, saves a lot of legwork....and my customers out.........the company reimburses me when I uase it!!


where is there space for a second battery? and do i really need one? i dont do all that much night driving, i actually dont drive the ranger than much, i dont get to the country often. i just dont wanna be driving a mile from the house in the middle of the night and have it die.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Here's the Bracket I fabbed up for the Baja Lights I added............

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/TRBL639/052.jpg[/IMG

If you look at the top right hand corner of the pic, just to the side of the light on top of the windshield, you can see the mag mount base for the remote controlled spotlight.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Let's try this again!!!!!!

Here's the mount I fabbed up for the Baja Lights I added...........if you look at the top right hand side of the cab, just to the left of the cab lt, you can see the mag mount for the remote controlled spotlight.........

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great lookin setup! whered you get those lights, how many watts are they and how much did it set you back if you dont mind me askin? i have new visions of a lightbar floating in my head now... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I got some of my light project done today.


First is this nice thing ( I have no clue what it is) it has a touch face for four circuits so for 20 bucks I couldn't get four switches for that.


Here are the lights mounted for the back, I do like to keep my lights out of harms way since the trees are hard on them.

Here is the light mounting tap welded to the cage.


Mounted and ready to be wired up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
jackh said:
great lookin setup! whered you get those lights, how many watts are they and how much did it set you back if you dont mind me askin? i have new visions of a lightbar floating in my head now... :)
Thanks!! If I remember right, got the lights at O'Rielly's....they are 55watt/H3 lamps, am looking for some H3/100watt lamps for em ;D They were like $30.got a set lie em...exept without the the covers, on my 360 Bayou..........I like to see where I'm going O0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Looking good!! O0 that 'touch pad' is pretty neat...got a break today, and didn't have to work (on-call) but 1 reconnect, and had good weather, so I got my Baja Lts.....cab (dome/map).....back-up lights wired........can't wait till dark to try em!!!!!! I had gotten them mou ted, but not had time, or decent weather to finish the job........will try to get some 'dark' pics up.........
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top