Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of your forward a arms from your scratch and dent site, a super good deal thank you.
I’m wondering if my 450 miles old stock ball joints will work in these new a arms?
My Ranger is in fantastic like new condition, is it worth my effort to swap these stock ball joints over to the new forward arms?
I’m planning on reusing the stock a arm bushings and bolts, and ball joints, am I just screwing myself?

·
Vendor
606 Posts
I got a set of your forward a arms from your scratch and dent site, a super good deal thank you.
I’m wondering if my 450 miles old stock ball joints will work in these new a arms?
My Ranger is in fantastic like new condition, is it worth my effort to swap these stock ball joints over to the new forward arms?
I’m planning on reusing the stock a arm bushings and bolts, and ball joints, am I just screwing myself?
You can if you want. Saves some change. BUT...........I really really recommend replacing with good HD ball joints and bushings when replacing the arms. You don't want to put volatile and worn parts back on a brand new upgrade because there's always that they'll be the weak link now. Keep the stock ball joints as spares and get new HD ones along with new bushings. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So,
8 standard ball joints = $320
A arm bushing kit = $135

It makes way more sense to install new stuff, but this is what I paid for the arms. 450 mile stock stuff going back on with new arms.

·
Registered
937 Posts
So,
8 standard ball joints = $320
A arm bushing kit = $135

It makes way more sense to install new stuff, but this is what I paid for the arms. 450 mile stock stuff going back on with new arms.
Reuse your ball joints if you have access to a press. But replace your bushings. Getting them out of the stock arms without damaging them to some extent is almost impossible.

Do you really want to tear it all back down in a year to replace whopped out bushings?

And I assume since you went with forward arms...your using larger tires?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reuse your ball joints if you have access to a press. But replace your bushings. Getting them out of the stock arms without damaging them to some extent is almost impossible.

Do you really want to tear it all back down in a year to replace whopped out bushings?

And I assume since you went with forward arms...your using larger tires?

Always bigger tires, right. Only 28's,
I'm getting a hold of myself here, it would be stupid to put the old anything back on, no matter how few miles the part has. I just didn't expect the bushings and ball joints, to nearly be more expensive than the A arms themselves. Just need some time, more time, to put these on then I had hoped. Thank you to SuperATV for commenting and helping me out, and to you Mr Spaz, for good comments on the way it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can if you want. Saves some change. BUT...........I really really recommend replacing with good HD ball joints and bushings when replacing the arms. You don't want to put volatile and worn parts back on a brand new upgrade because there's always that they'll be the weak link now. Keep the stock ball joints as spares and get new HD ones along with new bushings. That's what I would do.

We can say it, I was about to screw myself, cheap bastard.
Thank you for replying at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts