Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a full size car battery on mine , far better , winch doesn't flinch.

Fires easy

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I done the same thing on my 500efi I relocated it to the back by my oil tank I bolted a piece of 1/8" plate to the frame used a hole saw to allow water and mud to run off the plate. I also bent a 1" flange on one side of the plate for strength painted the plate with bed liner paint and put a marine battery box on it with 1" hole for drainage got me some longer cables and off to the woods i went the winch operates a whole lot better now

·
Registered
141 Posts
I done the same thing on my 500efi I relocated it to the back by my oil tank I bolted a piece of 1/8" plate to the frame used a hole saw to allow water and mud to run off the plate. I also bent a 1" flange on one side of the plate for strength painted the plate with bed liner paint and put a marine battery box on it with 1" hole for drainage got me some longer cables and off to the woods i went the winch operates a whole lot better now
Tell you what else this does, IMO is saves your stator if you run a winch .

When we did buddies 570 mid size it was really easy , thing starts better .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2011 Ranger xp 800, 2022 NS Trail Boss in transit
145 Posts
Here's an interesting video on how Odyssey batteries are made:

You may recognize the battery case if you have/had a Die Hard Platinum in your vehicle/s because the Platinum battery was an Odyssey manufactured battery with a Die Hard sticker. I don't know if that is still true today.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts