Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had the pleasure of changing the battery in the remote. 2022 Northstar Premium. Brand new and unused remote don't work so I'm figuring it's battery. NO instructions in owners manual. Another thing Polaris seems to have overlooked!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyone had the pleasure of changing the battery in the remote. 2022 Northstar Premium. Brand new and unused remote don't work so I'm figuring it's battery. NO instructions in owners manual. Another thing Polaris seems to have overlooked!
How long are you holding the on button? It seems like on mine I have to hold the button for quite a few seconds to get the unit to turn on.

Have done the battery once. Want to say it was 2450 size battery if I recall corret? Pull the screws on the back and split it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long are you holding the on button? It seems like on mine I have to hold the button for quite a few seconds to get the unit to turn on.

Have done the battery once. Want to say it was 2450 size battery if I recall corret? Pull the screws on the back and split it
I'll check it out and see. iv'e split the case and removed 2 screws holding board in. turn over and there's the battery. just have to bend the metal CAGE from around it. poor design and partial owners manual. POLARIS should work harder. Covid is no excuse for poor quality and design

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll check it out and see. iv'e split the case and removed 2 screws holding board in. turn over and there's the battery. just have to bend the metal CAGE from around it. poor design and partial owners manual. POLARIS should work harder. Covid is no excuse for poor quality and design
There is nothing wrong with the wireless remotes… turn the machine on hold the button for 10 seconds (red light will turn on on remote)….
Why would you need instructions on how to use a 2 button remote its pretty mindless to operate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is nothing wrong with the wireless remotes… turn the machine on hold the button for 10 seconds (red light will turn on on remote)….
Why would you need instructions on how to use a 2 button remote its pretty mindless to operate
No need to be asinine. I am not mindless. Never had one before and this was the first time I tried to operate it. Not all of us are born with the knowledge of member # 81654.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/Q

Thanks Cousin Eddie. just had to hold button down a few seconds to turn it on. This is my first rodeo with a winch. it works fine. Like H3LZSN1P3R member #81654 says " I must be mindless". and I'm not a robot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You need to hold the button down until the red light on the remote lights, then you the remote as normal

·
Registered
537 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, but I figured it was something like that as those types of batteries last a very long time in this limited use application. FWIW, the Viper winches I use you have to hold both in and out buttons on the remote for a couple seconds to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I split mine this weekend just to see if I could add to this thread for anyone down the road that needs to change their battery down the road.

Mine does not have a 2450 battery like I original posted it has a MN21/23 battery. My bad on that one.

Road surface Font Gas Flooring Asphalt

3 screws on back

Azure Blue Font Wood Eyewear

Split it, flip it it over and two more screws on the inside

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Automotive lighting Font

Flip it again, battery is right there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts