Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Odyssey PC925 that I put on my ranger 570 March of 2016 and having problems with it starting. When I turn the key on I have around 12.5 volts and when I turn the key it is dropping down to 8 to volts and will not turn the motor over. I can go through the start cycle several times and can finally get it to start. Once started my volt meter will come back to 13.5 to 14.2. I have not dont a load test on the battery yet, I have checked all of my connections and they are tight. Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
I would suggest a load test on the battery and if it is good (don't think so) then you might check the compression release to make sure it is functioning correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recognize tht if you do a lot of banging around, hard bumping, and such the battery life will be shortened. This is because the active material on the grids will slowly be shaken off and fall to the bottom. When it accumulates enough to short between plates, your battery life is measured in in days...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't Bad Mouth My PC1200 battery. I've had it a few years now. And my ranger stays parked outside in a unheated shed. And here in the north we've had -20*f several times this winter. The cost is insane. So I hope it lasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Was talking about the one I had.
No 2 batteries always act the same.

When it was good.
It was great.
It just didn't last long enough.
And it has virgin lead too.

The battery in my 19 ranger is bigger than the battery I had in my Harley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts