Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
What's the bottom line? How much? Who can i get to install it and who is going to trouble shoot it if there are electronic glitches. Sounds great and tempting but probably not a reality for a lot of us.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@boilermkr, according to this topic http://www.rangerforums.net/forum/polaris-ranger-ev/11812-lithium-ion-conversion.html

It might look like this:

I have placed an order for the conversion of my 2014 Polaris Ranger EV from PbA to Li-Ion. The advantages are many:

Total weight of 180 Ah pack ~ 200 Lbs VS ~720 Lbs for 228 Ah @ 5 hours
Peukert Coefficient of ~1.0 VS ~1.3
4,000 charging cycles VS ~600
Range of ~ 63 miles VS ~50 and more likely to attain the stated range than the PbA chemistry.
Maintenance none VS watering and corrosion abatement

Cost $4,955 (includes Battery Management System and Charger) I look at it like this; in four years I would spend approximately $2,000 buying and shipping a new set of PbA and four years after that do it again for a total replacement cost of ~$4,000. Over ten years the cost of moving to high performance is about $1,000.
But it would be nice for VoltronixUSA to provide more details :confused:;)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks. I would have to know a whole of details and still would have a hard time investing more than half the value of the vehicle.(2011). maybe,maybe i might consider if owning a newer model. i don't think ill still have this particular ev for 8 more years. maybe in 2-3 years there will be more affordable options.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Agree 100 percent with boilermaker. I cannot see Ev owners running to get the conversion. Besides the cost of the conversion you would also be looking at the cost of changing to some softer shocks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry I meant softer springs, The Ev was designed with springs for the extra weight of all the lead batteries. Removing all that weight would make the Ev ride like a bronco.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VoltronixUSA has provided over 20 kits for customers with various model year Polaris EVs. Please contact us directly if you'd like specific information. 866-777-2329
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was looking at getting a new 2014 Polaris EV or Bad Boy Buggy but I hate the maintenance on LA batteries and I hate the lower range.

The lithium ion upgrade seems to be a good option.

Can you tell me about the costs and how hard it is to do an install?
Does a dealer have to do it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts