Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased 2020 ranger 1000 non-XP about a year ago since then installed 4 inch portals or 30% gear reduction 32 inch tires and the arched a arms I live in Florida quite a bit of swamp riding and some trails Recently went to Ocala national Forest and was doing some long trail riding the belt overheated and exploded replaced it with my spare belt I had the same thing happen 30 minutes down the trail I just installed a heavy duty secondary sprain and I’m still getting excessive belt heat don’t know if I need to re-clutch or what I should do from here just looking for some advice

·
Registered
418 Posts
Stock belts? Your geared way lower than stock now. I would think its more of a matter of air flow

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was going to suggest the blower. The blow hole was the brand i was thinking of. A belt temp gage may be of some use. At least let you know when to let it cool. It would also let you know if it was running cooler in high range than low. A cvt is less efficient the closer it gets to full shift.

Gilomen Innovations makes an adjustable clutch kit that i think would help. Engages sooner and grips the belt well. I run one in mine on 4" portals 15% and 30's. Never a belt issue... but i dont run the deep stuff.
Make sure the rollers on the spider aren't shot and binding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to suggest the blower. The blow hole was the brand i was thinking of. A belt temp gage may be of some use. At least let you know when to let it cool. It would also let you know if it was running cooler in high range than low. A cvt is less efficient the closer it gets to full shift.

Gilomen Innovations makes an adjustable clutch kit that i think would help. Engages sooner and grips the belt well. I run one in mine on 4" portals 15% and 30's. Never a belt issue... but i dont run the deep stuff.
Make sure the rollers on the spider aren't shot and binding.
I just ordered the clutch kit from Gilman’s hopefully that works out I appreciate the advice

·
Registered
418 Posts
When you pull the weights from the primary, check the rollers on the spider. Use as much finger pressure as you can and roll them. They should not feel squeaky or bind at all. A tell tale sign they are getting bad are chatter marks on the weights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Isn't there a recall out for that? From what I'm hearing, they have to put a couple of shims in the clutch to fix that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts