Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put a extra cooling port on the clutch cover? I have a problem with belts getting hot and coming apart when I run the good seasonal roads at 35 40 mph. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
841 Posts
Blow hole makes a fan for the ducting.

What's your set up? Tire size..machine...

I run those speeds for miles on state forest roads. 4200 miles on the original belt before I changed it out just because.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You should not be having heat issues with the belt running those speeds. Do you have a belt temp gauge on it to know for sure it's heat causing the issue? I'd be willing to bet it has more to do with an alignment issue and/or running a cheap belt, but there is definitely an underlying issue that needs to be resolved that venting or airflow won't solve.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think Hunter Industries that sell DuraClutches used to off a clutch housing blower to keep it cool.
A small bilge marine blower is an easy fix with some 3" flex dryer vent hose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock ranger stock tires. I have exploded 3 belts. One was a gates belt other 2 were polaris belts. The last belt that the dealer put on lasted 2 years with trail riding and plowing snow. The minute I have to take it into town it blows. Funny thing all 3 belts shredded in same general area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts