Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The state of New Hampshire is currently developing a 7,200 acre ATV park in Berlin, NH called Jericho Mt. State Park. There are approx 40 miles of trails and when finished will have between 150-200 miles of trails and onsite camping. Berlin is just north of the White Mountains and within an hours drive to Mt. Washington, N. Conway, the Saco River, Story Land and Santa's Village (for the kids), and all the other great things to do in the beautiful White Mountains. I was there last week with my son and had a blast. NH seems to be like NY in that state trails are limited, are mostly supported by local ATV clubs (and they're doing a great job), and we rely alot on private property to ride. Access to the park is free, and Maine and NH honor each others ATV registrations, although there wasn't anybody checking, hint hint. As a matter of fact, there wasn't anybody there at all, we had the whole place to ourselves. I'd recommend checking it out to anybody who's in the area.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks Caspian and welcome to the forum and this chapter---We are few here so far!

The park sounds fantastic and I will deffinately want more info about riding there. Finally a place to go that I could drive to fairly close!

Please if you can, post links regarding ATV reg. info and the park info that I can pass along to my buddies here.

We have made the run to the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV but the 11 hour drive is a killer.

Thanks for posting this here and it sure would be great to get some of your local buddies to become members. They don't need to be Polaris owners to come here and enjoy talking with us.

Gary

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have been trying to put together some info about riding in NH and at Jericho State Park.

When I get it all figured out I will post all the details I have learned.

I did join the forum at the Jericho State Park web site and have made a few posts there and got some responses.

I also invited anyone from that forum to come here and visit or join if they like what they see here.

I am pretty sure this new park at Jericho is in it's infancy and just now getting going. As I talk to more guys up there I will get the low down and the regs to post here for us.

I think it will cost about $75 to register your machine for the year which allows you access to all the NH trails and apparently some of the trails that go into Vermont and possibly Maine. At this point in the infancy I think most of the trails are not yet linked together so it could be that they never will all be linked. Don't know for sure if the plan is to do something similar to the Hatfield McCoy system or how it might end up.

I also don't yet know much about the trails themselves, conditions, difficulty and the like.

Checked out a few of the camp ground web sites and it looks like it might be pretty nice to go for a weekend in the near future.

If anyone does go please be sure to post here so we have some reliable info about this new area.

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maine and NH DO NOT honor each others reg's just FYI you need to reg the machine in both states if you plan to ride in both. Hopefully in the future they can come to some agreement. I havnt been up to this park yet but have heard awesome things about it. Went to clough state park in dunbarton and the trails were hammered beyone belief. Then we went to Derry and rode a 18 mile rec trail from derry to freemont which was pretty nice. Wish there were more places to ride around here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts