Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a RZR here pretty soon. I would like to get a running list of the best mods you did. I would like to know Performance, Lift, biggest tire with lift. Some pictures of how you did a stereo install. Best exhaust you have. I love pictures so that would help make my mind up.

Josh

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm not too sure I can add much here Josh since we have a completely different terrain and weather situation.

What works for me would probably be worthless to you.

One thing you will deffinately want and need is an extra fuse block under the dash to add accessories. You can find those at West Marine boating supply and some other supply places. I highly suggest you run a couple of heavy cables from the battery to up front to accomodate the winch and fuse block.

You might also want to consider a battery ungrade to an Optima 925 yellow top or an Odysee while you are at it because the stock battery is garbage.

I have the Polaris 14" wheels and tires and like them fine with the rubber down 2" lift. Others might go larger and higher but this works well for me.

If you are in a rocky area then you might consider a skid plate upgrade because the stock plastic one is not much protection at all.

There are a few choices for bumpers, front and rear, but I suspect you would design your own.

Half doors that open would also be a real nice upgrade that you could probably do easy enough.

The rest is pretty standard and personal touch stuff such as windshield, half or full, top, soft or hard.

I mounted my radio to the hard top and in a waterproof case from West Marine. Works great except forget about a CD player while riding unless you like to Skip along. I use mine when we stop for breaks and lunch and pretty much like the silence while running anyway.

Lots of upgrades and tweeking to be done once you get the machine so have a blast.

Gary

·
Registered
143 Posts
Some of the options we sell most are: 14" wheels w/Terra Cross tires (14" with a more agressive tire will rub), rock slider nerf bars, windshield and a hard top. The FMF exhaust we have put on didn't seem to make a big difference. haven't tried any other exhaust systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts