Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Before you deal with Texas Outdoors, you should do a web search for them. They have had issues in the past with unhappy customers.

You should take a look @ "Whomoto", they have several options. They also are known for excellent customer support. If I had to do it over, I would deal with them.
Polaris Ranger 900 Crew Roofs

·
Registered
129 Posts
i agree with adding gear reduction. I have been doing research on the gears and anything above a 30 in tire I think the gear change will help a lot. Saves wear on clutch and other driveline parts. There are so great youtube videos on this as well. The cost is surprisingly low if you can do it your self

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was going to through in my two cents, after a lot of research anything over 30 in your should consider a gear reduction of at least 12% if not more. If you are mudding a 27% is idea. Get in mine that clutch work will need to be done as well. Hunterwork suggest anything over 3inches from stock should consider some type of gear reduction to reduce wear on drive train. Again just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I'm running 33" boggers, truck tires that weigh 64lbs each and still running stock clutching and no gear reduction. No problems at all turning them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts