Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Ranger 500 efi. I have had some issues with clearance on the plow frame (Glacier 2 system) when plowing downhill. This could be remedied by raising the plow mount a bit. I am currently in need of new tires and was thinking I could do this a bit by just buying a taller tire. I currently have 25 inch tires on it. I was wondering if it would be okay to jump up to a 27 inch tire to gain a bit of that height.
Also wondering what type of tires everyone likes and where did they get them?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Changed to a 14" wheel on the EV. ITP SS212 Black Alloy 14 x 6 wheels.

Replaced the Carlisle 25-9.5-12, All Trail II, with Interco Interforce 27-7.5-14, 6 ply, 2" narrower, 2" bigger diameter.

PB080026.JPG

Plenty of clearance.
PB090001.JPG

Even with the sway bar disconnected.
PB090007.JPG

·
Registered
308 Posts
The other thing to think about is to add a spring spacer in the front end. I did and it handles the weight of the plow much better. Mine also had the plow frame rub the ground without it, now it has enough clearance that it won't.

·
Supporting Vendor
370 Posts
Heavy duty springs on the front will help keep it from sagging so much with the plow on. Spacers work too, but can cause coil bind on compression and limit travel. Otherwise, the only other issue you may have with 27" tires is a little belt slip in high gear. Clutching changes may be needed depending on the tires you get.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a 2" lift kit I took off my 2014 800 when I sold it. Bolts to the bottom of the shock to the A-arm gives a quick easy lift. Its made by Marshall Motoart, if it would fit yours I'd sell it . But the rubber coil spring stops and 27" tires would lift you some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts