Polaris Ranger Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hope your refurbish of the Bobcat is moving along well.....I had a bud come help me get the bumper and winch mounted and main power cables are run....will be finishing the cleanup and winch relay install tomorrow.

Then will need to fab some roof mounts for light bars and get those installed.

Will be picking up the supplies next week from dealer to get all fluids and filters changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having issues with consistently starting the 2016 3400XL Diesel. I’ve replaced the ignition switch and have same response. I have also cleaned the brake pressure switch and seems like it’s not the issue as it has not resolved yet. I have working brake lights when stepping on the brake pedal to start the machine so it is sensing the brake pedal is engaged. When I turn the ignition switch sometimes it starts right up and sometimes it just clicks. I then have to repeatedly jiggle the key to the start position and it will finally start up. I do not have to switch gears or pump the brakes to get it to start. Simply jiggling the key multiple times quickly gets it running.

Is there another sensor I should be checking? Like I said I have already replaced the ignition switch it could possibly be a wire problem after the switch but where does that go to check it? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
34 Posts
My brother had same issue with his 2018, which seemed to happen after motor was warmed up. He would just jiggle the key and it would fire up. He was told it was likely a bad relay or sensor but never had time to haul it in as dealer was far away from his place. May google it as I hear it's a common issue so someone may have the fix posted hopefully.

I just finished up the light install after waiting forever on the lights to arrive...I picked low profile pods and got the brightest of this style I could find...needed low profile to not interfere with the main Go Light which is remote control adjustable.....I have had wires run and switches, fuse connections and relays installed for a while waiting on lights....put 1 on bumper which is a spot, floods on top and another flood on rear. Also added a USB charger volt meter switch which will be handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brother had same issue with his 2018, which seemed to happen after motor was warmed up. He would just jiggle the key and it would fire up. He was told it was likely a bad relay or sensor but never had time to haul it in as dealer was far away from his place. May google it as I hear it's a common issue so someone may have the fix posted hopefully.

I just finished up the light install after waiting forever on the lights to arrive...I picked low profile pods and got the brightest of this style I could find...needed low profile to not interfere with the main Go Light which is remote control adjustable.....I have had wires run and switches, fuse connections and relays installed for a while waiting on lights....put 1 on bumper which is a spot, floods on top and another flood on rear. Also added a USB charger volt meter switch which will be handy.
NICE Setup! Where did you get the front bumper/grill guard? I went a head and ordered a new brake sensor and will put that in later this week to see if that’s the fix or not. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Think dealer got it from Texas Outdoors as they're not far from dealership and look to make this type bumper....also have some cool roofs and other equipment they make.

Texasoutdoors.com and they have heavy duty stuff.

Hope that sensor is the fix.. ....if ...not im sure it's some sensor or relay heating up.

I like the bumper as I can use receiver for corn spreader and attach D ring for strap hookup when trailering.... works great. Also a good leaning post for sipping a cold beer after work is done.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts