Polaris Ranger Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine removed as well. I also had some fun replacing all the bushings and shocks. This sucker rides like a Cadillac haha. This machine is a lot of fun and this motor is really strong I’m glad was able to pick one up.

Edit: I also raptor lined all of the plastics on the machine super easy and it looks pretty dad gum good in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Bobcat 3400XL Diesel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I got mine removed as well. I also had some fun replacing all the bushings and shocks. This sucker rides like a Cadillac haha. This machine is a lot of fun and this motor is really strong I’m glad was able to pick one up.

Edit: I also raptor lined all of the plastics on the machine super easy and it looks pretty dad gum good in my opinion.
Very nice! The front main plastic piece is cracked in two on mine, so I haven't worried so much about painting it. I did at least spray paint over the rental numbers with some flat black, ha ha! Within the last two weeks the front muffler mount (the two forks) have broken loose. Looks like the shell of the muffler is what broke. Now I need to weld that back at some point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great post!! I have a 2016 3400XL Diesel. What gains did you see after removing the speed limiter bushing from the clutch? Also I need to replace my right rear axle, bushing and hub. Any tricks in getting the rear axle loose from the hub side? Did you just drop the rear suspension until it cleared? And are there any good aftermarket axles?

·
Registered
2013 Bobcat 3400XL Diesel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Great post!! I have a 2016 3400XL Diesel. What gains did you see after removing the speed limiter bushing from the clutch? Also I need to replace my right rear axle, bushing and hub. Any tricks in getting the rear axle loose from the hub side? Did you just drop the rear suspension until it cleared? And are there any good aftermarket axles?
I was able to remove the rear hub without removing the axle, but I was removing the whole hub to replace the bushings anyway. Once you remove the hub then you can easily pull the axle. Removing the speed limiter bushing in the clutch gave it noticeably more top end, although the tires I have on mine now are heavier, so it has to be a good long flat stretch to achieve the speed anyway. In low range it does give it enough extra speed to be pretty usable for general travel around the property. It's less frustrating to use low range now if that makes sense.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts