Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a ranger it’s like a month old, I noticed the coolant resorvioir is at the minimum mark, then I checked the radiator and it is all the way full, shouldn’t the coolant be going back into the resovior when it cools down? Sorry just don’t know much, never had a problem like that. It is not over heating either. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When the engine heats up, the coolant expands and goes into the bottle. As it cools off the coolant will get sucked back into the radiator. I always add coolant to the middle of the safe area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The radiator is so full, when it heats up it doesn’t go back in bottle. But I will double check it when it’s warm to see if any is going back in bottle, I’ve only checked it when it’s been off or as soon as I shut it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why can’t I find any antifreeze for it from Polaris the antifreeze I used to get for Polaris sportsman, on Polaris site it says it will not fit the vehicle which is the ranger, so that doesn’t make sense to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Your Polaris Ranger should maintain a level in the overflow between the lines marked. You shouldn't
have coolant automatically just flow in and out on a regular basis... The coolant reservior is there for
the simple reason if your radiator is a little low it will draw from it. If there is too much coolant it
should remain in the reservoir. You don't want the reservoir full, but I like to keep mine somewhere
between the full and empty. If you think your Ranger is overheating and the radiator is not full, raise
the front of the Ranger up 1 foot, open the radiator, and run the engine around 4500 rpm until the

thermostat opens and takes in coolant. Add coolant to the Radiator until it accepts no more. Your
system should now be full without any air pockets. After this if you see the coolant reservoir down
some you can add some coolant there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts