Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us locals are going to the Boulders trail this Saturday morning again.
A "FAMILY FRIENDLY" outing.

Open invite to anyone who wants to come along.
We will be meeting at the "Crazy Horse" cafe/saloon (Lake pleasant road & carefree Hwy) 7:00 AM (or before)

If we know your coming we will wait for awhile if your a little late, and we are not there, just head on out to the boulders. It'll take us a little bit to get unloaded and on the trail so I'm sure you'll catch up to us.

The Boulders turn off is a west of Lake Pleasant on the carefree hwy between mile posts 11 & 12.
If your headed west it is just after the 12 mile marker on the north side of the road.

This is State Trust Land and a permit is required.
I have mine and bring it with me, I have never been asked for it but you never know :(
(Better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one)

Here is the info about the Boulders from the AZ Game & Fish website.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails.shtml

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Boulders trail this Saturday morning 5/10/08 7:00 AM

By the way Scooby,
Thats the "Wild Horse" and if you are smart you MUST stop in on your way back as they have the BEST burgers in town!.... and its a family "offroad" type invironment with most of the patrons.

I have too much going on this Mothers day weekend to make it out.... Plus my Daughter over in Mesa just had my 2nd grandbaby night before last so we are also making the trek across to see him! 8)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Maybe next time.

"wild horse" or "crazy horse" I always get it wrong :uglystupid2:

At any rate its the only building out there, and it has "horse" in the name.
I'll try to make a mental note, but I imagine I'll screw it up again in the future :idiot2:.

I have always heard they had really good burgers, I will have to give it a try one of these times, I know they always seem to have a pretty good crowd. O0

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

We found all different trails this time, one stretch I think may have been motorcycle trail, it got pretty skinny.
All of us got some new "ARIZONA PIN STRIPING"
(But the trail is a little wider now ^-^)

Pictures will be posted Monday :)

·
Registered
44 Posts

Scooby,
do you remember the trail # ? I can check my map and let you know if it was a dirt bike only trail.

If it was dont ride on that anymore as they will get real mad... the BLM has done a lot of work on that trail system and we dont want them to say nothing over 50" at all like some states have on their trail systems. ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I "think" that was when we were on trail "A" it was plenty wide enough at the trail head, and had No marker that it was a dirtbike trail only. It gradually got narrower & narrower as we went along. Then we climbed a hill and it got wide again if you went to the left, and got very narrow if you went to the right. (to the right was defenitly motorcycle only) then on the way back we followed 9 for awhile and ended up on 5 down in a wash.
the wash provided a great place for my daughter to do the driving back to camp, and gave Chris a great place to run the RZR full open :eek:

Here is the first batch of pictures taken by my daughter. (I'll have more photos later today as they come to me from others out there)

·
Registered
185 Posts
NICE PICS NEXT TIME WE BE THERE LOOKS LIKE SOME GOOD HILLS...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FamilyGuy said:
Looks like I missed another great trip!
Next time.........
I wasnt surprised that many people couldn't make this trip, I only gave everyone 2 days notice, and Sunday being mothers day and everything. Definetly get a good coat of wax on that new paint job, we went through quite a bit of brush

wheelywelch said:
NICE PICS NEXT TIME WE BE THERE LOOKS LIKE SOME GOOD HILLS...
Really the pictures dont do the hills justice, some of the trails in these pictures were pretty steep and had some "interesting features" , but when I look at the picture they almost look like a dirt road ???

HF said:
looks awful dry out there.
Heath
Yeah it's like a desert out there :2funny:

Also we finished the trip with a Burger at the "wildhorse" O0 I think I will have to do this everytime ^-^

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Longhair1957 said:
I told you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Wildhorse is the best!
Your recommendation is why we decided to give it a try O0

I always thought it was just a Bar, so I was reluctant to take my daughter there.
But its more of a cafe/diner, there were lots of families there, most rode up on quads & dirt bikes.

Also we just bought the topographical map of the "Lake Pleasant / Hieroglyphic mountains"
(I think it is the same map, you showed me at the FNR).
It will be very helpful to actually plan a route ahead of time. Usually we just Forrest Gump our way around

1 - 16 of 16 Posts