Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us locals are going to the Boulders trail this Saturday.
A "FAMILY FRIENDLY" outing on a scenic trail. :angel:

Open invite to anyone who wants to come along. :)
9:00 AM (or before) we will be meeting at the "Crazy Horse" cafe/saloon (Lake pleasant road & carefree Hwy)

We want to be pulling out of the Crazy Horse parking lot by 9:00am.
So if your a little late, and we are not there, just head on out to the boulders.
(it'll take us a little bit to get unloaded and on the trail so I'm sure you'll catch up to us)

The Boulders turn off is a west of Lake Pleasant on the carefree hwy between mile posts 11 & 12.

(Note: I wont have access to the internet again until Monday so dont email me for any further info)

Here is the info about the Boulders from the AZ Game & Fish website.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails.shtml

Hieroglyphic Mountains/ Boulders
• Permit: This is State Trust Land and a permit is required. You can now get your permit on-line by Clicking Here.
• Location: Numerous OHV routes that traverse the country between Lake Pleasant (east), Wickenburg (west), and Prescott National Forest (north). Boulders Staging Area, off Highway 74, between mileposts 11 and 12.
• Information: Vehicle travel allowed only on existing routes. Boulders Staging Area, offers access, camping and restroom. Area is a mix of private, state and public land, so comply with signs, carry a map, and avoid trespass. Low Desert. Spring, fall, winter seasons. Access Guide for this area is available from Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
• Contacts:
o Bureau of Land Management
Hassayampa Field Office
(623) 580-5500.
o Arizona State Land Department
(602) 364-2753
www.land.state.az.us

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: BOULDERS Trail this Saturday !!!

OK, I'm in! ;)

But since I've never been there I need some info.

My truck is still in the shop - so I'm coming in my RV
and after that we're heading to Sun Valley Parkway mm118, to the sand drags and camping there for the night.
They have night quad sand drags. Some people bring lights and it's quite a spectacle.
If anyone is interested in going let me know!

ok, after all that. Is there space for my RV and is it safe??
Is it the same staging area as where you take off for CK? 'Cause there's been a lot of vandalism there.
Please let me know what I can do for parking my big rig.

If we can get that squared away the family is in O0

·
Registered
3 Posts

Familyguy

Yes you can get your RV in there. A lot of people take their RV's out there and camp. Its about a 1/2 mile or so in and the road is ok. There is plenty of room to park the "big pig".
It is not the same road as the CK turn off, its another 5 miles or so and I have never had any problems with people messing with stuff.
I wish I could make it but maybe next time.

Enjoy and take lots of pics so we can see all the fun we will be missing.

Darren

·
Registered
119 Posts

Thx for the info, Darren!

I'll be at the "Crazy Horse" cafe by 9am! O0

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Just got back and it was great. This place Rocks !!!

I went with my daughter, and John brought his 07 Red Ranger , Augi was there with the Wife and kids in the bumble bee, and Chris was there in his Red RZR (I dont think John or Chris have signed up on here yet ?)

Great stagging and campground area . Even has restrooms. There were lots of campers and UTV/ dirtbike / quad riders around And there was even a Park Ranger there. So you stuff is safe the whole time your gone on the trail.
Trails are everywhere !!! and they are marked with trail markers we started on trail 6, then connected to trail 9, and ended up on trail 11. Then we came accross a group of Quads one was broken (possible snaped crank)
Chris with his RZR towed the "yamaha" ::) all the way back to the staging area :angel:

Anyway the ranger had info stations that had some free maps of the area that we used, but these arnt real detailed, it would be good to find a better map and then really do some exploring :eek:

I will say from the looks at the trails that are out there, you could spend months out there and not ride the same trail twice.

We will definetly be going Back !!! ;) I give it 2 thumbs up O0 O0

I will post some pictures on Monday

(oh by the way I think the crazy horse might actually be called the wild horse... whatever ??? its the only building there and it has horse in the name :crazy2:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Pictures from this Saturday's boulders run.
(I took more pictures but I guess my camera got switched to video, trying to get some still images out them)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: BOULDERS Trail this Saturday (PICs added 4/28/08)

Are there still alot of the trails that are still "whooped" out from the wiplash races that they have out there?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Many on the flat parts were whooped pretty bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Yea I have been on thoses trails for years ....we were there the first time in 2002

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Longhair1957 said:
Yea I have been on thoses trails for years ....we were there the first time in 2002
You gotta go with us the next time, you could show us around O0

We just kinda wondered from one trail to another, it was fun though :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More pics John took.

I just noticed in this pic each ranger a different color, each has a different wheel, each has a different tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts