Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a reason the left rear outside brake pad continues to fall off while driving? I recently replaced the caliper on that disc but the brake pad had fallen off prior which is the reason I had to replace that caliper. Since replacing the caliper I've had an additional 2 outside brake pads fall off while driving. This is the only brake pad that falls off. I know about the set/adjustment screw on the caliper that adjusts the proper placement of the pads so I don't believe it's that. Thank you in advance.

Daniel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Factory caliper? I wonder if the line is collapsed.
No it's a new aftermarket caliper because the old one road against the disc because the pad fell off. So it was using the outside of the caliper as the missing brake pad, wearing the aluminum all the way down. A new caliper was a must.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This one said it was for my Ranger but it did come with a different slide (pin) mount. I just used the old one so that it would match up with the back brake pads. But even with the old caliper the brake pad fell off. Weird it's only the rear left outside pad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts