Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XP 1000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2020 xp 1000, just about a year old and beginning about 6 months ago i noticed that it was getting more and more difficult to start and i was having to press the brakes further and further to get the machine to turn over. it’s to the point now where the pedal is to the floor, and after several attempts and finding a sweet spot, it will turn over.

I have determined that it’s an issue with the brake pressure switch and when i called the dealer to see if that was a warranted part I was told that it is something they usually adjust during routine maintenance. i’ve been doing all the maintenance myself so it hasn’t been back to the dealer.

Anyone know what kind of adjustment he’s referring to? i checked the wiring and it all looks good. being an electrical switch, it doesn’t seem like there is a mechanical adjustment to be made, unless it’s with the brake pedal itself. the switch is only a year old so i’m not thinking it’s gone bad. i did order a replacement but would just prefer to hold on to it if it’s something as simple as making and adjustment.

Thank you

·
Registered
109 Posts
you have to replace the pressure switch, also same problem on mine. You would think polaris would do a recall as it is a safety issue as someone could hit you from behind when stopped as the brake lights don't work either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’ve got a 2020 xp 1000, just about a year old and beginning about 6 months ago i noticed that it was getting more and more difficult to start and i was having to press the brakes further and further to get the machine to turn over. it’s to the point now where the pedal is to the floor, and after several attempts and finding a sweet spot, it will turn over.

I have determined that it’s an issue with the brake pressure switch and when i called the dealer to see if that was a warranted part I was told that it is something they usually adjust during routine maintenance. i’ve been doing all the maintenance myself so it hasn’t been back to the dealer.

Anyone know what kind of adjustment he’s referring to? i checked the wiring and it all looks good. being an electrical switch, it doesn’t seem like there is a mechanical adjustment to be made, unless it’s with the brake pedal itself. the switch is only a year old so i’m not thinking it’s gone bad. i did order a replacement but would just prefer to hold on to it if it’s something as simple as making and adjustment.

Thank you
There is no adjustment.
You may want to consider using a different Dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealership gave me a new one no questions asked. Don't recall if it was warranty or a recall. I told them I didn't want to go through the hassle of loading it up and towing it to them and such that instead they could just hand me it and I'll swap it out. They said no problem. It's been in for about 8 months no issues. Initial one lasted about 8 months and started getting hard to start. 2019 XP 1000 crew.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thank you
I had the same issue with my 2019 Northstar, put up with it for several months getting worse and worse. I determined it had to be the pressure switch on the side of the master cylinder. Bought the last one a couple weeks ago from my local dealer, he said the system says no more until October (no exact date provided, just said I was lucky!). Changed it out a few days later, 20 minute max, did not need to bleed brakes, worked great!!! Now you just barely touch the break pedal and it cranks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you
What part number did you order?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Could I please get correct part number for this as I'm new here ( for some reason it won't let me send anyone a private message)
There is likely a post limit before you can private message, introduce yourself or add some comments around the forum and then try again.

Also, no one is going to be able to get you a part number if we don't know what machine it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts