Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started up my Polaris this afternoon and noticed the break was very soft and spongy. Once i went into low gear, i could no longer use the shifter nor were my breaks working. I can’t start it up any more, shift gears, or break. I’m assuming all of this is related to the breaks no longer working. Everything went out at once. Plz some one help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t, it won’t come out of low even tho i can move the shifter up and down. I think my shifter cable went out so i ordered a new one and also a new master cylinder for the brake issue. Hopefully i can solve the issues with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like you have a broken shifter cable for sure, but there may be underlying issues on why it broke in the first place. If the transmission was getting hard to shift before it broke (especially if it only did it when the engine was running), you may have your one way bearing going out on the primary clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have a broken shifter cable for sure, but there may be underlying issues on why it broke in the first place. If the transmission was getting hard to shift before it broke (especially if it only did it when the engine was running), you may have your one way bearing going out on the primary clutch.
Thanks for the r
thanks for the replies and help. Gonna go ahead and check that out as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts