Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have only had my RZR out a few times and the wife and I ran down the road. When I made right turns I heard a clicking noise, the faster the louder it gets. Also it does it turning left now. So I brought it home removed the stock wheels and rotated the hub. The clicking was coming from the brakes. Looks like the brake pads are too loose. I removed the caliper and turned the hub and the clicking went away. Has anyone had this issue. I don't think I need to add any shims behind the brake pad but I also hate to take it to the dealership. Let me know if anyone has had this issue.

Josh

·
Registered
181 Posts
Josh,
Funny you should mention this tonight. My Wife has been complaining about her 500 outlaw doing the same thing and I havent had time till tonight to look at it and I was also thinking the brake pads or calipers might be making the noise!

Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Code said:
Yep drives my freakin nuts..
Now this could hurt!

Well I am going to do something about it. I am going to call the dealership today and talk with Nate in service. If he gives me the go ahead I will place a spacer plate behind one of the brake pads.

Josh

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've never noticed any clicking but sure would like to know why it is happening.

From the sounds of it you guys seem to think the caliper is relieving too far and there is play between the pad and disc which is not a good thing at all.

Keep us posted on what the mechanic says and how he decides to remedy this problem.

I would think a gap between the disc and pads would cause allot of premature wear.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOHH Freudian slip for sure..
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this problem with my rzr also... the first time i took it to the dealer they thought it was the cvs. that was not it so when i brought it to my dealers attention again they informed me that it was the brakes. the issue is some parts on the hub or brakes were not machined correctly and polaris has made a fix for this. they say it only takes a spacer to fix the issue. my rzr is still in the shop for other repairs (engine problems imagine that lol) so i have not had a chance 2 determain if that was the issue. will post when i find out for sure.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to Polaris Ranger Forum!

Let me know about the spacers cause mine is still driving me crazy. I know it is to much play between the brake pads and rotor. So it goes clickedy click click click! errrrrrrrrrr! :tickedoff:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the catch, I have to go slow to wait on you! But now maybe you can keep up with your new RZR!!!! :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts