Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would rather install a more economical light bar on my full size Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium and not have to spend the hundreds of dollars for the actual Polaris light bar. Any suggestions as to what is good and reliable? Mounting on roof or frame etc...?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would rather install a more economical light bar on my full size Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium and not have to spend the hundreds of dollars for the actual Polaris light bar. Any suggestions as to what is good and reliable? Mounting on roof or frame etc...?
I have a cheaper Amazon light bar on my 570 full size. I had it from a jeep I sold a while back. I think it’s a 18”. I was thinking of a bigger bar on the roof but since I already had this one I mounted it up, and to be honest, it’s plenty bright. I just took out the 2 factory screws on the grill and mounted it with those. That’s the only picture I have right now, if you want a better one, let me know.
F5800541-655C-40C8-B236-23D653FF96F7.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am quite happy with the rough country light bar. Single row is bright as the sun and even though the mounts require drilling it is a nice factory looking finish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am quite happy with the rough country light bar. Single row is bright as the sun and even though the mounts require drilling it is a nice factory looking finish.
I have rough country cubes on my truck in place of factory fog lights. I agree, I like them a lot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve been happy with the Traveller line, if you have a Tractor Supply near you. They’re way less expensive than Rigid, but not as cheap as some of the no-name Amazon/eBay ones.

I took a combo spot/flood bar apart to separate the spots from the flood (ended up being a fool’s errand), and it was well made inside. All of the solder joints were substantial and clean, and the wire quality and dressing was perfectly acceptable.

I look them over closely to ensure the seals and housings are in good shape before installation, but that is just me- I do that sort of inspection with everything.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Traveller, so long as they offered the configuration I wanted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed this set of Traveller cubes on my pickup a year ago. They’ve run 20k miles, cross country, through snow, rain, mud etc. all right next to my exhaust, and been fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 12 inch bar in the brush guard, Nilight is the brand. Cheap off of amazon. I had it on my quad for 3 years of snowplowing in northern Michigan so it saw some wet conditions. I put it on my Ranger 2 years ago, along with some little 5 or 6 inch dudes on the bar just under the roof. They seem to perform well, lights up the whole trail and then some. I think the 12 incher was around 50, and the smaller ones were 30 or so. I don't ride in the dark enough to justify spending a lot of dough on lights, but i am an accessory nerd!

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
180 Posts
On Amazon I have stayed with Nilight brand. Very economical, bright, and durable. Mounting a 20" bar on the brush guard of my 570 this week. I have bought over a half dozen of a variety of theirs over the past eight years for various applications.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts