Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had a new ranger 150 delivered for my sons birthday and there is a loud squeak coming from the front with significant intermittent loss of power and also occasional check engine light. Feels like the break is on at times but it is not. I can roll it backwards when in neutral and also push it forward though it doesnt really not coast. Would love to avoid having to find transport back to dealer who is an hour away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought my kids a 2020 150 as well and had the same issue I took it back to the dealer one of the issues is the parking brake was adjusted incorrectly. It will keep throwing a code thinking your foot was on the break at the same time having the check engine light flash intermittently. After so many times it would put the machine into limp mode. The dealer told me you have to adjust the parking brake cable behind the right rear tire. The dealer told me you have to adjust the parking brake cable behind the right rear tire. There is one not on top of the bracket and two nuts below it. Loosen the top one a turn or two Then re-tighten the bottom tThen re-tighten the bottom two. That should take care of the problem. The other issue I’m having after that is the brake light flashes when their foot is not on the break. I have my kids pull up on the brake pedal and it stops doing it. Every so often it would throw it into limp mode for that as well. I have not had a chance to take it back to the dealer for that issue yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts

also go onto your diagnostic section on the display and Get the code it will show in the owners manual speed sensor that’s what mine said. One other thing I also forgot is the speed sensor should be set at .004” to .008” Mine had a shim and it was set at .090”. I remove the small Shim. The dealer looked at it and said it only had a couple codes for the speed sensor so they replaced it anyway but I would try the parking brake adjustment first that sounds like the issue we were having.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. With parking break adjusted no real improvement. In fact as it warms up the breaks fully lock... to the point the break light stays on and the chain slips in reverse. Really feels like the breaks are half on from the get go and then as they heat up they freeze. I looked at the brake linkage but that seems unadjustable. I hate to ship this back to the dealer if there is something stuck or easily adjustable but I fear that’s not the case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It should show you a code under the diagnostic section pull down the menu button then hit the upper down arrow I forget which one it’ll show diagnostic then hit the right button I think it’s the down arrow and you can compare the code in the manual

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
F/U. I adjusted the brake linkage to be slightly shortened and .. for the moment.. it seems much improved. This would make sense. Soon as I release the pedal from the push rod I noticed the ATV rolled freely in neutral which it hadn’t. Also the brake light started acting normally (had not realized it was illuminated like braking). So essentially the unit was delivered with the rod adjusted to be too long causing the brakes to be activated. Easy fix if you have this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ours did the same exact thing. It was in the shop several times and I adjusted the brake also. Dealer did find a line that had been clamped off. I have created an case claim with Polaris home company. Our dealer was very helpful and they replaced the entire caliper and line assembly, which seems to have fixed this problem. However, now the Ranger 150 just shuts off for no apparent reason. This happens multiple times in a row. If Polaris knows there is a problem with this model, no doubt they will make it right!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to hear about all of the problems you have had. I purchased the 150 for my kids April 2019. I had it to the shop about 4 times in the first 3 months with a total of 9 miles. Every time the kids jumped in, something new would grind. I called Polaris and let loose...sorry to whoever answered that phone call!!! Anyway, after replacing a bearing, chain adjustment, and the first batch of bugs, it has been a great machine. It all became less of a nuisance when I decided to do the diagnostic and maintenance myself...even with the warranty. I think the issue is there are just not enough machines on the market for Polaris to work out all of the preventative trips back to the dealer. I have found the best way to diagnose is to jack up the machine to release the load on everything and turn it by hand. You can usually find the issue rather quickly. See if you can fix it yourself and save the 30 minute drive...both directions. Good luck!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts