Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
What happened with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious as well. I've done all the suggestions except totally replace clutch and my 2019 1000xp crew stays in a bind. Especially getting out of reverse under a load. I've broken off 3 now. Currently have a piece of pipe slipped over the remaining piece. Kids and wife can't shift the thing is so hard.

· Registered
7 Posts
I also had my lever break when I was out had to manually shift off the gear box to get back, replaced lever myself with updated one from polaris I rececently brought it in for the recalls they removed the ebs and updated clutch from recalls no more hard shifting and all seems good so far 🤞

· Registered
1 Posts
Billet aluminum... going to get powder coated orange to match my machine
Billet aluminum... going to get powder coated orange to match my machine
I need the same identical thing orange to fit my 19 high lifter, did you ever have them make extra if so hit me up with how and where to get one, wasnt even hardly pushing on mine and it snapped like a twig

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm just here to vent more than anything...
As I was plowing snow today I went to shift into reverse and suddenly my shift lever was broken off in my hand. After my brain finally processed what happened I looked at the broken end and IMMEDIATELY got ticked off!! Does everyone know what kind of JUNK metal those shift levers are made of? Cast zinc (from what I've read elsewhere)! Wow, I can't imagine why that material would ever snap like that, can you? What garbage!!! I learned quickly as a child that type of material breaks very easily for God's sake! Anyway, since then I've been scoping the internets for an aftermarket option with no luck. If anyone has a line on something of this sort, I'd greatly appreciate the assistance. The OEM replacement is fortunately only $75... not that it excuses the absolute low budget junk Polaris decides to use to build their overpriced heaps they sell. I expected it to cost more to be honest... generally when companies know they're creating a part that will certainly break over time, they charge through the nose for the replacement, you know.
Sigh... Well, thanks for the stress relief. Again, if anyone knows of an aftermarket option, I'm looking forward to the help.

Thanks!
mine was hard to shift until I aligned the clutches. I did have a one way bearing go bad to and it wouldn’t shift at all.

· Registered
1 Posts
Today the shifter on my 2020 570 EPS broke. Unfortunately, it was not the easy to replace shifter itself but the pin that the shifter is mounted on. Has anyone had this happen and had to replace it? It seems that it was held into the frame by a weld that is inaccessible. Other than taking it to the dealer, any suggestions?
Cylinder Metal Pipe Auto part Composite material

· Registered
9 Posts
Fix your clutch issues or it will happen in the future. Taters toys makes a metal shifter.
I wish I knew what to do… this is my 2nd one. First time it was covered under warranty and the deleted EBS. I have since replaced my clutch with a duraclutch, but the shit is still hard to shift. No more jerky starts tho. What do I do next??

· Registered
9 Posts
It doesn’t, also, doesn’t matter if machine is running or off. Hard shifting either way. So not a clutch issue I don’t believe. Going to pull the little box apart where the cable runs to, I guess some people have had the pin in there break. I dunno.

· Registered
10 Posts
Mine wasn't the detent star. I broke 3 shift levers. After replacing the detent star, even though the original rolled easy, I still had the same problem. I ended up breaking the shift cable. After replacing the shift cable the problem was solved. It will be a year in March and I have not had any more problems. So my guess is they put bad shift cables in these machines. When taking the old one out it was not kinked or pinched. It would slide easy when disconnected but when reattached to the shift arm? At back it would bind up under load. Replacing the cable was a pain me pulling/wife pushing through but we got it done.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts