Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchase a 21 Northstar Ultimate and we can already tell that the stock bench is not going to be comfortable for our all day rides. Our previous sled had buckets and they were great. We are looking for options to put buckets in our new ride. Will General seats fit? Found a few on the web so starting there. Who makes a good third party seat that fits and is comfortable? Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Waiting on my Ultimate to arrive. I don't like the Ranger seats either. But I bought the vehicle for utility, so minus the bench seat, it suits my needs. I'd definitely be interested to see if there's another option as well.

·
Registered
20 21 Ranger Northstar Ultimate
4 Posts
I noticed Pro Armor makes a set. I would love hear from anyone who may have tried them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also found a PRP option. The other thing I have noticed is they list the General along with the Ranger for figment. Was wondering if Generalseats might fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We just purchase a 21 Northstar Ultimate and we can already tell that the stock bench is not going to be comfortable for our all day rides. Our previous sled had buckets and they were great. We are looking for options to put buckets in our new ride. Will General seats fit? Found a few on the web so starting there. Who makes a good third party seat that fits and is comfortable? Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.
We took delivery of our ‘21 Ranger Northstar Ultimate in April and after a hour or so sitting on the bench it is uncomfortable. The bench and backrest but primarily the backrest. Not supportive, no soft, not very thick and not adjustable. I provided this response on the purchase survey Polaris sent several weeks ago. Maybe future models will have seating options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2021 Ultimate and our Daughter/ Son in law have a 2019 General. I pulled the bench seat and tried fitting the Generals bucket seats in the Ranger and its not even close. There is just not enough room in the Ranger. I hope someone can come up with a way for decent buckets for the Ranger but I doubt there will be any.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I received my 21 NS and went on a 60 miles ride on the trails in northern MN. I was Leary as well but it was more comfortable than I thought it would be. The Can Am seats in the HD10 are much better. Polaris listens to their costumers, I already included the concern in my survey. I also asked for a slight take on the seat back.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
216 Posts
They need, or I want, an extended cab Ranger with reclining seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have Crew or 3 seat? I have a 3 seat now but trading in for a 22 NS Ultimate. Was told 21 & 22 are virtually the same. It's hard to find anything on the 22 model. Do these have front electric windows & tiltout windshield?

I think the sales person was new. She couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also found a PRP option. The other thing I have noticed is they list the General along with the Ranger for figment. Was wondering if Generalseats might fit.
Talked directly to PRP. They don’t currently have anything for the Ranger. Of interest, they are owned by Polaris.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thought I might post an update on our journey of trying to improve the comfort of our Ranger NS’s seats. We talked to upholstery shops and while they would help, there were no guarantees and the estimated cost was more than $1,000 and probably more like $1,500. They both recommended we try gel pads so we went down that path.

We tried two paths here. Tried the molded options but found them too larger for the limited space in the Ranger. These pushed my knees into the dash. No go. Tried flat gel pads. Tried a large pad that fit the seat but it was too stiff. Ordered a thinner and smaller pad, like the purple mattress, that definitely adds comfort. Keeping these for now.

Talked with a Utah based seat cover company that had covers but they could not customize their products to allow for even a thin gel pad. They did however recommend we look at sheepskin. He used sheepskin pads in his office chair and truck and loved the feel/comfort.

We tried a mid grade sheepskin and we could see the potential. Talked with a better sheepskin provider and when I explained our issue she told me a majority of orders for their pads was premium car buyers who found the leather to hard. We have ordered top grade seat pads and small pillows we hope to use for lumbar support.

So we are waiting on the sheepskin. We may also look at the expandable lumbar pillows, but for us we are probably at the best we can do until Polaris pulls their head out and realizes if they’re going to advertise these as work-trail machines they need to upgrade the seats if they are to fill their trail potential.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bad PRP is a no go. Only found a bench with two buckets and a center console that doesn’t appeal to us. No other commercial options as far as we can find.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys, just ran across this on the FB Ranger page. Someone asked about seat replacements for Rangers because his had fallen apart, and somebody posted this link. I have no idea how well they work, but I'm definitely going to be game to trying them out. Just hope they bolt into the factory Ranger holes. If you scroll down, you'll see there are two different options for bucket seats. The first one offers pictures of the seats mounted in a vehicle, but if I'm not mistaken, the photo shows them in a Rzr. Full-size Polaris Ranger Seats, Seat Additions, And Seat Accessories (everythingpolarisranger.com)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys, just ran across this on the FB Ranger page. Someone asked about seat replacements for Rangers because his had fallen apart, and somebody posted this link. I have no idea how well they work, but I'm definitely going to be game to trying them out. Just hope they bolt into the factory Ranger holes. If you scroll down, you'll see there are two different options for bucket seats. The first one offers pictures of the seats mounted in a vehicle, but if I'm not mistaken, the photo shows them in a Rzr. Full-size Polaris Ranger Seats, Seat Additions, And Seat Accessories (everythingpolarisranger.com)
Thanks for the info. We were looking specifically for the 21 Northstar Ultimate which is not listed in the compatibility list. Called them and it will not fit our machine. Thank you so much for bringing it forward. I've received calls from two high end custom shops that have been looking for us and both have said nothing is in the market for the Ranger Northstar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info. We were looking specifically for the 21 Northstar Ultimate which is not listed in the compatibility list. Called them and it will not fit our machine. Thank you so much for bringing it forward. I've received calls from two high end custom shops that have been looking for us and both have said nothing is in the market for the Ranger Northstar.
Oh, sorry. I just saw the website, and didn't read enough to realize they were not for Rangers. I just assumed (I know, the word assume!), that since a person asked about the seats in a Ranger specific group, when the guy posted the link, that it would have applied to Rangers. Sorry. That bums me out as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeff, no please stick around. We appreciate all puts and ideas.

This has been so frustrating for us. By far, Polaris sells more Rangers than any other model yet they can’t seem to put in a comfortable seat. Even more frustrating is that no third party companies have provided any options. Since Polaris is advertising this model, as wee as other variants, as trail machines it would seem someone from the front office might want to take their family out for a long day ride and see if they still like the seats at he end of the day. Can Am has figured it out. Come on Polaris.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts