Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Buying new ranger what's your advice

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  H3LZSN1P3R 
#1 ·
Hey guys just joined the forum. I'm looking to buy a new 2020 Polaris ranger xp1000. To any of you who own one what is your input on them. I've read reviews on polaris's website of course its either a love or hate. Im very eager to own my first utv to ride with my wife and son aswell as take on trips. Very mechanically inclined and have alot of experience with ATVs. Never a Polaris though. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Well I will give you my thoughts.. I have owned a RZR and now Ranger crew 900 over the past few years and I can say I have enjoyed my Polaris much better than some others.. I came from a yamaha Rhino to Honda Pioneer 1000-5 ( which was a bad experience with clutch burning up, excessive heat and countless other issues) to Polaris and I am happy I did. Sure they all have some issues depending on how you ride, excessive lifts etc, but I believe you will be happy with the 1000... Being handy, Polaris has more accessories than any other mfg, so makes it fun to personalize it to you and your taste.. Good luck with whatever you decide!

#7 ·
That was a Polaris purchase incentive on the Polaris Ranger 1000 through May. I am not sure if that's a regional thing or nationwide. It's actually why we purchased a Polaris Ranger and why we did it when we did, as opposed to waiting a few months. I also negotiated 9% off MSRP with the dealer. I think I may have left some money on the table though because they were very easy to work with. We went with the Ranger 1000 Premium with the accessories I mentioned, plus a couple other minor accessories.

#11 ·
Well done, that's a good deal. Like I said, I suspect I could have done better on the out-the-door price. That said, I have heard many dealers charge additional fees like destination and set-up fees and documentation fees which I didn't encounter, so maybe my deal was okay.

#12 · (Edited)
Based on what I've seen on this and other forums, my only recommendation is to set your expectations reasonably.
This isn't a Toyota Camry mass produced by the thousands. Because they're not so mass-produced, the quality on each unit isn't guaranteed.

Expect the first month or two you might find a few things not quite right. Big things definitely go to the dealer for, but as you're mechanically inclined, for smaller stuff just fix it yourself and save the headache.

You might also luck out and have a unit with no problems at all, but either way after the first couple of months you should be looking at years of reliable service. (Just remember to keep on top of maintenance schedules).

Enjoy your ride, you and the family are going to have a blast!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.