Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at adding a cab heater to my 2022 ranger.

thinking hard on the inferno kit and adding the extra duct work and 2 extra vents.

anyone have any input? Thoughts?

· Registered
1,013 Posts
The inferno is an excellent choice.
I also went with 2 extra vents on either side of the dash cup holders to have a little heat blowing on you.

On installation with the dash apart. Shut the lights off in the garage and shine a spotlight at the firewall. You'll see lots of gaps that need to be plugged up to keep the cold air out.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The inferno is an excellent choice.
I also went with 2 extra vents on either side of the dash cup holders to have a little heat blowing on you.

On installation with the dash apart. Shut the lights off in the garage and shine a spotlight at the firewall. You'll see lots of gaps that need to be plugged up to keep the cold air out.
Good to know

I recently just installed full door which came with the seal kit. I plan on doing it all at once along with the windshield wiper kit. Trying to only take the dash out once.

Reactions: Spaz

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Inferno heater and extension kit is on order.

when you installed yours did you have a windshield in?

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windshield needs to be pulled for installation. I'd recommend downloading the installation instructions from their website and studying them before the heater shows up.
Roger that.

I’ll do it for the windshield and roof also to make sure I’m good.

anything else I should look at while it’s apart?

· Registered
2013 ranger 900 EFI
12 Posts
Looking at adding a cab heater to my 2022 ranger.

thinking hard on the inferno kit and adding the extra duct work and 2 extra vents.

anyone have any input? Thoughts?
I went with the Polaris Heater. Best thing I ever did. It will run you out of your cab. Great defroster as well. Be sure to seal up the roof openings.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the Polaris Heater. Best thing I ever did. It will run you out of your cab. Great defroster as well. Be sure to seal up the roof openings.
so I just got back from going to town in it. There is one hell of a draft of air coming through the top of the windshield/roof area so I will definitely be looking at that.

any ideas on how to seal it up better.

· Registered
2013 ranger 900 EFI
12 Posts
so I just got back from going to town in it. There is one hell of a draft of air coming through the top of the windshield/roof area so I will definitely be looking at that.

any ideas on how to seal it up better.
Yes. I took the roof off and installed auto weather stripping. Some areas will take two layers, but it will stop the draft for sure.

· Registered
2013 ranger 900 EFI
12 Posts
roger that. I’ll hit the local advanced on the way home.

there is some sort of foam up there now but it’s still drafty.
Na. It has a sticky side. Just peel the backing off. I put on the frame and not the roof. I shined a light from the outside to see if I missed an area. Also I used a rag to plug up the draft coming in around the steering column.

· Registered
1,013 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a pack of the weatherstripping from Home Depot.

going to order a set of trim clip removal tools and some clamps for the coolant lines as well.

hoping to get everything installed next weekend. Got s tracking number for the heater but no eta yet.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So dumb question.

do I have to use the Polaris coolant that’s 30.00 a gallon or will a generic one work?

· Registered
2 Posts
Inferno heater and extension kit is on order.

when you installed yours did you have a windshield in?
Windshield does not need to be pulled, remove the center cop holder then drill the hole where it needs to be, then set it back in place and mark the dash with the hole, then cut it out with an oselating tool or whatever you can, also cut it slightly bigger than your mark so the defrost duct fits in

1 - 20 of 20 Posts