Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for information on cabs. How are the soft cabs compared to the hard cabs and are there aftermarket companies that sell them or is it cheaper just to buy from Polaris.
Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
nvwolfer said:
I was looking for information on cabs. How are the soft cabs compared to the hard cabs and are there aftermarket companies that sell them or is it cheaper just to buy from Polaris.
Thanks,
Gary
There is other companies out there beside polaris. There was also a soft cab for sale down in the for sale section. You might check it out. Soft cabs is good if you are not going to use it the majority of the time. If you ride a lot and need the added protection for tree limbs and such the hard cab is the way to go.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have soft cab from Polaris for the winter. It does the job. Keeps in the heat and protects us from the elements. In the summer we use the windshield, a hard top and back windbreaker from VDP. I lke the Polaris cab because it has a good custom fit. The others I have seen don't seem to look as nice. But I may have not seen them all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't want a full cab down here in Florida, but a windshield would be nice!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the lock and ride from polaris. Good top if you are on and off with it but loud!!! inside.
I finally got up the guts (and money) and bought the rangerware top and doors.
The best top I have owned and seen.
The fitment is super and with the inside done it is realitively quiet.
I can talk on a cell phone when in it driving down the trails.
My 2cents by the rangerware even if one part at a time you will not regret it.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the full rangerware cab yesterday. I can't wait to remove my lock and rattle cab. Does anyone have the new steel doors Yet? They look great but a bit pricey.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new rangeware cab was delivered last Monday , hope to finish the install before Tuesday. Had a few problems but everyone at Rangerware,including the Owner were more than helpfull. It seems my roll cage needed a few fine adjustments for the New Door System to fit correctly. After setting up the Porta-Power we "PUT IT IN ITS PLACE!" The fit and Quality is every thing I hoped for, I can't say enought about the the Product. I will try to post a few photo's.

Joe C

·
Registered
111 Posts
got the full hard cab, and hard (steel) doors....Love it.......also got the heater, and the first weekend ride...27* freezing rain and sleet, and we were warm and toasty!!!!!!!

got my rear bumper in front KFI Products Thursday......looks great, just got to put it on!!! was a steal at $115 (on sale) and shipping was just $14.ordered it Monday, and it was here thursday.great service from them............it's 1.75" black tubing ...wrinkle finish, with a drop down of a few inches, with a shorter piece of 1.75 tubing below it........gonna mount some back up lights in the drop down.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you go with rangerware? If you did how was the fit for the doors. Did the weather strip Make good contact? I had some problems with mine

Joe C

·
Registered
111 Posts
jconan said:
Did you go with rangerware? If you did how was the fit for the doors. Did the weather strip Make good contact? I had some problems with mine

Joe C
Mine is the Rangerware......was on it when I got it, the rig was just a few days shy of being 1 yr old, but it fits good.along the top of the hood/dash area, there is a small crack where the fit is not right, small gap, more so than a crack, but some weather stripping will solve that......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts