Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased a 2014 ranger xp900 august 11th 2014, exhaust fell apart (donut almost gone muffler splitting) now the engine wont idle and has lost 40% of its power, next
both rear wheel bearings and bushings had to be replaced, when stopping engine almost chokes down and has to be turned off to shift(sometimes turned off and on a couple of times to get the clutch to release), belt has been replaced twice(I pull drain and idle after any water crossing or washing, never strain the belt in h gear I always use L gear etc etc) there is a metal to metal knock at the top of the passenger side front shock when traversing bumpy terrain. The machine is in the shop now, exhaust and bearings were covered by warranty waiting to hear on shifting and engine problem. Anyone had similar issues on any and or all of this? Love the machine but worried I am getting ready to be a part time mechanic if I plan to use this thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like you got the bad one:( That sucks, i hope you have a good dealer that gets you fixed up quickly... I have had my 2013 almost 2 yrs now, and approx. 1500 miles, and the only issue i have is the lack of control on slippery hard packed conditions.. Been told on this forum, that i dont know how to drive?? Other than that, i have had zero issues, and love my Ranger.. Again, i hope they fix you up soon, and you have no more issues...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the forum captbill. Sorry for your problems. I, too, am one of the lucky ones. 3800 miles with zero issues. Hope your dealer gets you back in action soon.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks natethedog, first; the dealer I bought from in Tallahassee is the worst business I have ever dealt with, the other local dealer couldn't look at the machine for 30 days, drove 2 hrs to Polaris of Gainesville and the service is spectacular! The engine has to be completely re-built, estimated turn-around is 10 days from today, not only are they going to re-build the engine but assured me they would have my clutch and belt issue corrected as well. The service manager was detailed, empathetic and most importantly re-assuring that I have a great machine and that these problems are very unusual. He started on my machine the minute I brought it in which was way more than I ever expected and went so far as to tell me how much they appreciated my business, the two Tallahassee dealers could care less about your business. I absolutely love the Polaris Ranger and didn't consider any other machine, I'm glad to hear from two owners that have had no issues and learned that even if you have to drive two hours, find a good dealer!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 900 XP in Sept. Have just over 400 miles and have had no problems and love
The machine. Hope they take care of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts