Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how hard it is to change or add to various sections but I don't see much happening in chapters.

Maybe if you went by states or narrowed down the chapters to something like NE, SE, SW you might get more participation.

Guys up in NY don't have much in common with others who are in Alabama and probably won't be hooking up for group rides.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Josh. Now we just have to decide what chapter we best fall in to. I guess they consider NY to be the New England area but I have no clue why that stuck. I just consider it the NE part of the US and covers probably PA, NJ, NY, Conn, Mass, VT, NH, & ME.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I might poll everyone to see how they would like this set up so it could change. I would like better grouping which will allow everyone to schedule things better. The middle of the state is the gray area for me. I will try to get something just for those members up soon.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I belong to other forums centererd around hunting and fishing and they have chapter sections by the states.
I think it works well but one thing you can clearly see is heavy activity in some states while it is very light in others.
I think if you had a specific NY or the New England area you would see a great deal less activity there simply because this part of the country is for the most part ANTI off road vehicle.

I would expect major activity from the west and the east central areas like WV and KY who tend to cater to our sport.

I did get together with some guys here once a few years back to do a nice ride through some gorgeous spots.
About 25 machines showed up and we spent the day ducking cops and treaspassing all over state lands and private property. One guy broke down, tore his entire front wheel and A frame off and had to get parts to fix it right there just to get it out. He got busted and ended up with serious fines. Not my idea of fun.

A bunch of us planned a trip to the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV and had a blast there. A couple of the towns had gas stations and resteaurants that did it right and at times there were 50 -75 machines parked out front while riders were inside supporting the local economy.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My self and Ranger 29.5 came up with a way to solve the problem. I will have to make the changes. The 4 chapters I have will be broke down into states. Do you think I need to add a central chapter cause that is the hard one to find the right place. Could be east could be west, lol I think Central Chapter might sound ok.

Josh

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep! I think I would make it NE & SE, NW & SW and Central or N & S Central.

You might even say what states are included in each chapter because some might wonder where they belong.

I think I would draw an H right in the middle of the map and extend the horizontal coast to coast.

This would just kind of lump us into a geographical location.

Also would be great if each member appeared in the forum with the state he/she is located in.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done! O0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts