Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE ABOUT 24 HOURS ON MY RAZOR AND WHEN IN PARK THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON. I HAVE RUN THE DIAGNOSTIC AND I AM GETTING A BLINK CODE 25. THERE IS NO BLINK CODE 25 IN THE OWNERS MANUAL. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE AND HOW TO FIX IT?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I moved the topic here in hopes you will get more response to questions about the RZR.

Chapter sections are pretty much for staying in tune with where you are and whats going on out there with other mambers.

As for the code 25, I am not sure what it means! I have been told if you disconnect your battery at the battery and leave it disconnected for 10 minutes, this might clear the code when you re connect.
You will have to re enter the time on the clock.

Let us know if this clears up the check engine light!

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Code 25 is Transmission Input: Invalid Gear. After you put it into park and shut off the engine, try rocking the RZR back and forth. You will hear it when it goes into park. Sometimes the parking pawl does not engage on level ground, and this will set this code.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The codes do not show in the owners manual. I got these out of the service manual.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Excellent info DMAX and I saved it for personal reference!

I have never seen this code come up on my RZR but I sure do have to rock my machine to get the Park Pall to engage while on a flat surface.

My check engine did come on once while connecting some accessories, probably crossed a wire or disconnected something in the process. I had to disconnect the battery to shut it off or clear that code.

I'm pretty sure there is a bunch of usefull reference info in the service manual and wonder if we could make a place to keep some of this info at all of our finger tips?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my Sportman 800X2. When I went in for the 10 hr check the drl fixed it but I dont know wheat thay did.

Cloud9

·
Registered
8 Posts
simple fix to get rid of this error code its just a small adjustment bak by the trans. u can also take it 2 the dealer and they will do it real quick

·
Registered
8 Posts
its the shift linkage bak by the tranny whats happening is the computer is showing n gear when its not fully n at the tranny so it causes that 25 error code really its nothing to worry about there r more important problems like the so called air cleaner lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts