Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding last night and the check engine light came on and would only let me go 10mph. I went through the modes and found the code 0-65613-2. Does anyone know what it could be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know what the exact code is, but it sounds like it might be the wheel speed sensor. Was your machine kind of lurching as it idled with the CEL on? If you shut the key off, and restarted the machine, did it go away? If so, this is exactly what mine was doing. I had the machine into the dealer for another issue, and they informed me there was a recall from Polaris regarding the diagnostics I just described. Take it in, and they will replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was moisture in one of the plugs for the throttle. I found the code and it said therevwas a correlation problem in the electronic throttle system. This morning I loaded it up to bring it to the dealer and it ran fine, so I sprayed some electic connector cleaner in the plugs and put some dielectric grease in them also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all. This is my first post. I just got a 900XP with power steering. It's got 17 miles on it now. I put a radio in it and electric dump under the bed. Yesterday I hopped in it to go do something and noticed that the steering was a little stiffer than normal. I looked at the gauge and the steering light and engine light was on. I put it right back in the garage and shut it off. I checked the fuse for the power sting and I unhooked the negative battery cable for a while but it didn't help. Do I have to have a special tool to read codes?

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all. This is my first post. I just got a 900XP with power steering. It's got 17 miles on it now. I put a radio in it and electric dump under the bed. Yesterday I hopped in it to go do something and noticed that the steering was a little stiffer than normal. I looked at the gauge and the steering light and engine light was on. I put it right back in the garage and shut it off. I checked the fuse for the power sting and I unhooked the negative battery cable for a while but it didn't help. Do I have to have a special tool to read codes?

Thanks, Jerry
See page 34 of your owner's manual

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the fast reply and the info.

Here's what I came up with. The first code was with the engine light blinking showed on the left side of the display a 0. On the right side was an 84. below them in a smaller font was a 2. The next code was with the steering wheel blinking. L-1, R-84 and Below - 19. A third code showed with the steering wheel blinking L-2, R-190 and below was a 2.

I don't know if anyone will be able to decipher my ramblings or not. Either way I'll be calling the dealer soon.

Thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah, I'm not sure about what the codes stand for. There may be some info somewhere on this site or the internet that describes each code.
I know it's a pain going back to the dealer, but sounds like the machine is new, and should be covered under warranty if something needs to be replaced

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, It does pay to use the search function on these sites. I found a topic that sounded similar, if not identical to my situation. SMILLER was the hero of the day in that situation. He said go out and put it in low gear and drive for 30 seconds, shut it off and start it back up and your troubles will be over. I just went out and did as instructed and all is well. I love places like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts