Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wet duck hunt, the next mooring the check engine light went on. Brought to the dealer and it was diagnosed as a failed seal and replacing the Boot as too much air was getting into the fuel/air mixture. OK. three weeks later same thing. Brought it back to the dealer. Asked me about the fuel. I used premium and was told its harder to start when cold and maybe the cause. Now they are not sure but are replacing the belt ( I guess timing belt?). They also are checkin g the fuel pump pressure. Question: how many of you used Premium fuel? How many have check engine go off. Its a 2018 Ranger with about 50 hours. Thanks Steve in Portage Wisconsin (Yes I got a buck).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve only used 87 nonethanol in mine so far with zero problems and 850 miles. Seems there’s been a few threads on here about problems running 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,232 Posts
The belt they are replacing would be the drive belt.
They use a timing chain instead of a belt.
There is no reason to use high octane gasoline and they do seem to start easier in cold weather with regular according to member feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have worked with motorcycles, out board motors and mowers.

Try everytime you put gas in your UTV to put Starbrite Startron in the fuel..tractor supply usually has it.

It fights the alcohol on the gas and the moisture that the alcohol attracts.
See it it don't help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts