Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some nice after market mirrors out there, but that is too much bling for me. I was concerned about mirrors being mounted on the sides of the Ranger and being knocked off by trees. So this is my 9 dollar solution.

I was browsing at Auto Zone the other day and saw this mirror and decided I could make that work. Since it was plastic it was easy to cut so the mount was cut off and the mirror mount was trimmed. I made a mounting tab, drilled a small hole and welded the tab to the underside of the front hoop on the cage.

This keep the mirror out of harms way and allow me to see what is going on behind me.

All mounted and works good, not bad for 9 bucks O0

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Good " CHEAP " mod. A lot of us can't afford those high dollar bling mirrors, which are nice. This sounds like a great way to get a rear view mirror cheap.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks like a pretty good idea....I can't tell you how many times I have looked up, looking for a rearview mirror. Must be the round steering wheel working subconsciously! :uglystupid2:

·
Registered
167 Posts
i dont get it, whats the point of the mirror when you can just turn your head around when your backing up. its not like the babys a longbed or anything ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
jackh said:
i dont get it, whats the point of the mirror when you can just turn your head around when your backing up. its not like the babys a longbed or anything ;)
There are 3 or 4 towns here where I live that are ATV friendly enough to allow ATV's on the main road in the city limits. I like to be able to see what's behind me when I'm on the highway.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't had mine on the trail yet, but I would say it would be the same as when we are out in our Jeeps. We like to keep track of the vehicle behind us to make sure they didn't get stuck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
jackh said:
Up here, a mirror is required to be street legal. In Wyoming and South Dakota they are also required to ride on public lands.

·
Registered
111 Posts
looking up for 37+ years watching the guys working the pole, when I wasn't...and looking up at lines patrolling them.......the swivel on my neck is real rusty...so the big mirror is really nice ;D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I had a real nice chrome mirror that came off the handlebars of an old motorcycle. Chrome had a scratch on the rear side that looked pretty bad on the bike.

I fashioned a clamp and mounted it inside the RZR and it works perfect for me.

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Styling Gary, very nice. I like the mounted gps, I need to make another one for the Ranger.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It is a Garmin rino 120 and I bought a mount bracket for the handle bars of my previous Sportsman 500.

I just removed half of that circle bracket and mounted the half with the clip holder to my RZR dash.

Works great!

Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
sweet....I have been running through different ideas as to how to mount my garmin 110

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yep, the same exact mount fits your unit. You might find one cheap on ebay if you go there ever.

It has a hinge on the top and a screw/bolt hole on the bottom to open it and slide it over the handle bars. I cut the hinge off and drilled a hole up top to attach it to the dash. You will be able to pop the entire carrier cradle thing out of the dash mount or to remove the 110 from that cradle.

Good luck.

Gary

1 - 18 of 18 Posts