Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ranger 900 XP and have noticed on rough terrain (frozen cow pen) that in high gear it kind of chirps when I’m first starting to accelerate. It stops once I’m going 5 mph and is fine running down the road. It seems like I have to really give it gas to get it moving, but once it goes it’s fine. Is that belt, don’t smell any burning. Clutch? Or transmissions?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a Ranger 900 XP and have noticed on rough terrain (frozen cow pen) that in high gear it kind of chirps when I’m first starting to accelerate. It stops once I’m going 5 mph and is fine running down the road. It seems like I have to really give it gas to get it moving, but once it goes it’s fine. Is that belt, don’t smell any burning. Clutch? Or transmissions?
A small chirp is normal. Your belt might be getting worn out. How many miles? If you aren’t going to be riding fast I’d suggest low. If you want high don’t ease into the throttle. Give it some pedal and the belt likes that a lot more. It’s way harder on the belt to creep from a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts