Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last post dealt w a starting issue and after much research I’m fairly certain that my issue is the fuel pump, but I have no way to check the pressure. I’ve made an appt. w the stealership to check out this issue. Yesterday the shifter became hard to shift and is now stuck in park. So they can fix that to.
My question for today is about clutching. I ride around the farm daily and on mountain trails and or roads/Jeep trails. Anyway, when going downhill, one foot on the brake and the other on the throttle to get a little engine braking is dangerous. My unit picks up speed and wants to swap ends when coming downhill. All of my riding is between 5000 - 9000 elevation, no mudding except by accident, no snow and stock size tires.
Any clutch recommendations would be appreciated, thx in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Ranger 570 EFI, SATV front a arms, Duraclutch, 28" Wild Thangs on Hyper beadlocks, led's, roof
9 Posts
I installed the duraclutch on my 2014 midsize 570. I now have engine hold back when slowing and when not on the accelerator going down grades. The duraclutch is a little pricey but worth every penny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the duraclutch on my 2014 midsize 570. I now have engine hold back when slowing and when not on the accelerator going down grades. The duraclutch is a little pricey but worth every penny.
Thx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, got 570 back from shop. Valve shims on back order until mid July. Guess that boat driver who blocked the Suez Canal has caused a ripple affect, dumass anyway!
Riding/driving until parts arrive. Action Motor Sports in Twin Falls ID has me squared away and using my machine for now. Tech says I’m good to go awaiting parts..
Cost: within $20 bucks of what I expected👍
BTW: the very night before I took it in for valve adjustment, the shifter cable broke, eek, so I had some cost there, and I bought a Polaris cab seal kit which they installed.. It was worth the buck fifty install fee, $150.00, I could see up front that it would be a pain in the ass!
Benefit- no cold air and dust entering those out of the way places.. it’s worth it !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts