Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a way around my 50 mph speed limiter on my 2007 onange crush 700 XP. have heard that an ecm off a 700 sprotsman would turn it lose? anyone got any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Sportsman ECU won't work on an 07. Mountain performance will reprogram your ECU with a raised rev limit for 400 bucks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
For 400 bucks, it better give me like another 25mph!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bigdog800efi said:
Ouch. How much speed do you gain.
The truth is you will need some motor mods to take advantage of that ECU. Getting extra speed out of these things isn't cheap. A DDP cam and Boonedocker controller will make a Big difference. I can't say for sure, but I would be willing to bet at 50 MPH you aren't even hitting the rev limiter, you are likely just running out of power. The limiter is actually RPM based.
As to price, a sportsman ECU (which won't work on anything newer than an 06 XP) will be in the $350.00 range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is definitely hitting the limiter at 50 doesn't seem to be down on power. understand about the speed cost money part though. not really interested in doing a bunch of engine mods though. thanks for the information.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you are hitting the limiter at 50 MPH your belt may be slipping. Its not uncommon for 07's to hit 53-54 MPH.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For max performance you would like to stay off the rev limiter. If you have to much belt deflection [if the belt is to loose] this will cause you to have less bottom and top end performance. Just remember clutching is everything.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When I first saw this I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to slow they're computer down..

·
Registered
21 Posts
has anyone heard of anyone with this ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110299583362

i found it on ebay , but the only one selling it is from Hungry and dont trust it.
anyone help with this ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
chadjones99 said:
has anyone heard of anyone with this ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110299583362

i found it on ebay , but the only one selling it is from Hungry and dont trust it.
anyone help with this ?
I do not know anything about this chip or the seller. You can go to the feedback section for this seller on ebay and email some of the previous buyers of this chip. Ask them what they think of the product and how well did the chip work. I would pick feedback at least a month old so the people would have some time to consider what they thought of this product. If you buy this product, I recommend paying for it through Paypal so you can get your money back if something is not as advertised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have and 05 Ranger 500. Is there a CDI box for this model that will give it a little more torque and an extra mph or 2?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in same boat with 2007 pokaris ranger xp when we are on bush highways I can hit top going uphill lol but 4 bills is steep I saw Ecu unit called
Black box for 300 are these safe or will I push this thing over the edge

1 - 15 of 15 Posts