Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 EV "Blute"
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having trouble figuring what to try next on 2010 EV. Relatively new to us, it worked fine until I started monkeying around...

Currently, when I turn the key on the contactor clicks and normal lamps show, then after a couple seconds itclicks off. Shows error 4 on the controller and the wrench. lights up.

Charger is fine. From this nice thread I found I should check some voltages. From ground I get 11.4v at M1-3, 21.4 at B+, and 49.6 at top of contactor. Then not sure what to do with this info. Do I clearly need to replace contactor or could it be something else?

Background: I started off changing charger to algorithm 71, and by adding a 12v converter for winch. Along the way I have changed blown 20A fuse under contactor, replaced MPC with Anderson connectors, and bypassed burned pin on charger connection with All with excellent info and advice from this forum! And of course I've abandoned the 12v in favor of making the Blute run.

Warning: I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The voltage at B+ and the top (input) of the contactor should be the same measured to ground.
The top of the contactor and the output going to B+ should be the same. If not the contacts are bad.
If different at B+ and Out, the cable is corroded.

M1-3 are the AC voltage cables to the motor.

·
Registered
2010 EV "Blute"
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks xfaxman!

So like the dummy I warned about I had left the B+ to contactor bottom cable disconnected. Having fixed that I now get the same voltage difference as above and now error 6. Had read that means something about throttle but not necessarily... ideas?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks xfaxman!

So like the dummy I warned about I had left the B+ to contactor bottom cable disconnected. Having fixed that I now get the same voltage difference as above and now error 6. Had read that means something about throttle but not necessarily... ideas?
So B+ and the input to the contactor are different?

If so, fix that first, the error should go away.

·
Registered
2010 EV "Blute"
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again... so the first fix should be to replace the B+ <> BOT cable? Or the contactor?

Worst part is I once mildly understood this stuff, now it's mostly gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts