Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i sold my 200ah Voltronixs kit and installed into another cart. Ordered a 260ah kit and finished installing it today. When I turn the key on with FNR in N, brake up, wnen i switch it to F or R and press the accelarator the red wrench light comes on and the controller has 2 blinks. Is solid gren until i press the accelerator. I am doing this while standing outside the cart. reaching for the accelarator to check movement. By the way does everyones cart give off a click sound every few seconds when the key is powered on and the transaxle buzzes. I noticed looking at the drive shaft in the rear it moves barely when it clicks. i think it has always done this and i usually turn the key off if i have stopped for some reason and got out of the cart a left the key on. I am i touch w Brennan and Alfonso and they re checking the data on the controller that was reprogrammed.

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
"By the way does everyones cart give off a click sound every few seconds when the key is powered on and the transaxle buzzes..." I have not heard this. I was so curious that I just now went out to the garage and powered up the Polaris EV Li. No sounds after the initial engagement of the contactors.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s at my shop. I’m gonna try to record it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
----------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way does everyones cart give off a click sound every few seconds when the key is powered on and the transaxle buzzes. ----------------------------------------------------
No mine has never done that before or after the conversion.
The click sound is the solenoid unlocking the differential for Turf Mode.
Try 2WD and AWD to see if it stays quiet.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The click sound is repeative

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I have not. I replaced it almost a year ago.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Check the ampseal connector on the sevcon. I had one with a broken latch, that had been previously glued in place. Using my break out cable for programming meant it wasnt holding properly. I have previously used log wide cable ties to the back of the controller to hold the connector in place. This gave spurious issues similar to those you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to track it down and see what is clicking.
Have you monitored the output from the DC to DC converter to make sure it is steady?
Dc in and out is good. It didn’t make the buzzing repeating this morning but you can hear the buzz when key is turned on. I did do some cleaning up on some of my accessories wiring waiting on the batteries maybe I pulled something loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts