Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winch stopped working

2014 Ranger800 EFI. Tried to pull a kid out buried in mud. My winch, 4500 Polaris brand installed by the dealer, stopped working. Checked the fuses under the hood, they were fine. When I try to winch in or out, I hear a click noise coming from the winch, but nothing happens. I can still make it free spool, but doesn't function under power. Did I burn up the motor or just a part needing to be replaced? Thank u for any help.:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cooling fan not running

Spoke to dealer about the cooling fan not running, they gave me a circuit breaker, I replaced it (under the hood near the fuse block), still no luck, temp ran up to 220, fan never kick on. There are 3 different connection near the battery, do any of these have fuses? A guy saw some smoke come from the battery area, any ideas?

·
Registered
861 Posts
"they gave me a circuit breaker, I replaced it (under the hood near the fuse block),"

Did the winch start working after the new breaker ? Has to be a fuse/breaker inline with that winch that is bad/tripped.............Check your battery cables/connectors for loose/fried ???

·
Registered
127 Posts
The connections on the winch itself came loose on mine, check there. Mine loosened up with only 350 road miles on it. I think the hack-dealer mechanic just didn't tighten them in the first place.

Cooling fan - try jumping the wires from the temp sensor to see if it comes on and stays on. My Sportsman did this so I just wired them together to have the fan stay on whenever the key is on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts